Redirect fails when login

Hi,

I’m new at Wappler and I really like what I’ve tried so far. I’m trying to create a login page following the documentation. I saw that some parts of the documentation are outdated as db connection and security provider calls are not needed anymore in the APIs.

I created a login page by following the documentation:

The id and name of the different form fields do respect what I should use, specifically: username, password and remember.

E.g.:

And the form is with dynamic events following responses:

In my backend, I’ve set up a db connection and a security provider:

And finally, I have created an API as follows:

Normally, I would expect when I login:

• If user is correctly authentifed, then redirect to dashboard
  • Otherwise, display the alert.

When I try within Wappler in preview mode, it works just fine! However, when I try from my browser in localhost, it does not work. More specifically, if I insert the correct credentials, it correctly identify the user by giving the id in the console BUT it does not redirect…

What did I do wrong?

Thank you!

Added note: I use NodeJS with Docker in localhost.

This may help you:

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

I may have found the issue, but I do not think it is related to the workflows I used.

More specifically, I downloaded the files you provide in the video you linked, and discovered that the folder DmxAppConnect contains way more file in your installation than in mine. Check here:

I believe this is the reason of why nothing is really working back there. For instance, there is no dmxBrowser file… Which should be called, right?

Now, the question is… Why? I have this issue in local, but also with docker install.

1 Like

I think that one of the Wappler Team (@Teodor) should be able to help you out here.

1 Like

Thank you!

I confirm hereby that it was the reason: I manually added the necessary files (taken from your install), and everything runs fine!

@Teodor, I also confirm that this problem happens to ALL new projects I create. Will try to reinstall Wappler tomorrow.