Recursive nested repeats, unknown length?

New to Wappler - really liking it so far!

I’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to recursively loop through nested data. My app will allow users to create nested data structures that can look like this (essentially, each child can have any number of children, and those children can have children, and…)

• Parent
    • Child
      • Child
      • Child
    • Child
      • Child
        • Child

Without knowing how many levels deep this goes, how can I set up Wappler to iterate and repeat for each child?

Or is this something that would require custom code?

Hi Mikael,

Welcome to Wappler!

For dealing with recursive structures, you might want to check this topic:

Thanks.

I agree that an infinite nesting is likely a bad design, however, I think the principle is unknown length/children, so have the repeater loop however many times is necessary, as opposed to hard-coded/defined nesting (which is how we have to do currently). Recursion is a smarter way of processing the data.

After looking through documentation and forum posts, it looks like I may be able to achieve this with a custom JS function to generate the markup and use dmx bindings to add the interactivity I need.

Is there a way to have dmx-xx bindings activate on programmatically created DOM? Is there a dmx.app refresh function or similar?