Recurring issues with security provider (no doubt user error) - main blocker for me right now

Out of curiosity, and coming from Bubble, how long have you taken to do this?

Regards

@mangooly - is this to me? And how long have I taken to do what? (Noting i’m about 2 weeks in from moving our app over from Bubble to Wappler).

Hi team, this is what I’m getting on a successful connection - but I’m not retrieving any data on the page itself - i’m wondering is this normal? I’m returning no actual user id here - but at least it is not failing. Should this return the user.id or is it not expected due to security reasons?

Yes, sorry @mgaussie, the question was for you. How long you had taken to build the signup and login form. 2 weeks looks like a reasonable time, especially if you are new to Wrappler. Im still in Bubble and Im still not convinced I can move from Bubble. I’ve been a product Designer for more than 20 years but I still find Wrappler too complex for my liking. I dont have any programming skills. But I have to admit I want to atartnlearning. wrappler someday when I have more time.

No problem!

Well, it’s about 2 weeks in Wappler, 1 full week of work.

First 2 days to completely rebuild the front end, I’d say 2 days on/off for the sign up and login. It would take me hours if I had to do it again.

It is a lot more complex for a non coder (like myself) than Bubble. Bubble does all the heavy lifting for you and has done an exceptional job at making the product accessible for you and I with brilliant documentation.

Even with all of that - I’m still committed now to building this project out in Wappler

1 Like

@Teodor wondering if you could provide any insight into the returned info here, should this return the actual id/schema or due to security is this the likely only result? I’m just not pulling in any of the data and this might be the issue?

Hi @mgaussie
Will check your case tomorrow morning in the office. Quite not clear what’s wrong exactly scrolling through the topic on my phone.

Hi @Teodor- i’m just having a lot of issues whenever I implement a security provider / enforcer in the flow. - I can’t seem to call on the user.id to use in a condition to return only user data on a page.

For example, I have a page that uses the user.id condition to simply display a users name + last name, I even have a working form to update that information (returnes 200) - the database displays the right user information - but on the page when I use security provider as a way of getting the user.id to then add the condition, no information is displayed on the page.

The above screenshots shows what is returned in Dev Tools, so I’m curious if this should actually be returning the user’s id?

Not sure what you mean. All you need is a single database query filtered by your security provider identity. Then output it’s results on every page you need some user details.

What exactly are you doing on your page? What do you mean by

when I use security provider as a way of getting the user.id to then add the condition
?

This is explained in the docs: https://docs.wappler.io/t/getting-details-of-the-logged-in-user-and-binding-them-to-your-page/2850

I’m doing exactly as the guide instructs, literally word for word. I’ve double and triple checked.

Network tab shows a successful connection (304) to the current_user server connect.

But the page is not displaying any of the dynamic data.

And the network tab returns: {“get_current_user”:} only, not additional information.

‘What exactly are you doing on your page?’

All I am trying to do is display the persons first name, last name and job title of the current_user (logged in user) - that’s all!

So the current user data is not returned, i.e. your query returns no values.
Have you enabled the output option for your user details query in server connect?

Yep, output is enabled

Use your user identity in a setValue step and enable the output option for it.
Do you see any value returned when the server action runs?

This is what I get when doing that:

Ok, so I’ve just removed the ‘join’ from that query - and I am now returning user values, such as fname, lname etc… in the network section of dev tools. So, is there an issue with nodejs and joins?

However, it’s still not displaying on the actual page itself.

There is a bug report with nodejs and joins, so that could be it. Patrick will check this next week, when he’s back from the summer break.
How did you bind the values on the page?

I’ve reset everything, now I’ve removed the join and ‘rebinded’ everything - and it’s now pulling through. I’ve made a workaround and instead of a query with a join I’m just doing a second query for now - until this is fixed with NodeJS next week. Thank you.

If possible, while I have your attention, can you please, please help me understand how Wappler users are currently handling user file uploads, this is one of the final blockers for me.

Post here: How is everyone handling user file uploads? I decided on Heroku, but i'm a little perplexed as we have no file upload function with Wappler?