How is everyone handling user file uploads? I decided on Heroku, but i'm a little perplexed as we have no file upload function with Wappler?

Hi all,

I’m sure I’m missing something - as this is a pretty core requirement for any app - but how is everyone handling file uploads for their users? Simple things like a user uploading their user avatar photo and even you uploading and storing your own sites logo!

I’m using Heroku and they don’t have any file storage, and I’m surprised to read over the weekend there is no file upload functionality for such hosting, only form submit file upload I believe, which isn’t useful for Heroku.

How is everyone handling this? I must be missing something - otherwise it’s seems that it would be useless using something like Heroku?

I use custom code. But yeah I agree that having this out-of-the-box would have spared me some time.

I have a hunch it will be implemented soon. Patience.

2 Likes

I’m being patient too.
But my need may come sooner than the solution.
@JonL, have you implement S3 custom code?

I see you’ve posted quite a few times recently for this feature. It will come. In the meantime have you not explored S3 browser based uploads? I don’t use AWS anymore so no longer have an account to test - https://s3.amazonaws.com/doc/s3-example-code/post/post_sample.html

1 Like

We will add more priority after our summer break on a File System Connector and Uploader for S3 and Digital ocean spaces.

6 Likes

Thanks @max_gb I’ve been staring at this all day so far, I just can’t get it to work - it’s a little beyond me (creating signatures etc.)

For an amateur (that’s relying on the no-code nature of Bubble/Wappler) the delay in this is literally ceasing all project progress - there are 10’s of ways to do it from research online, it’s just a little beyond me. I looked at Vultr this morning, assuming it might be a little simpler and a high-performance version of a standard host type, but it has similar complexities.

Can you just skip that and continue with other parts? I do that all the time when waiting for a fix or functionality.

As everybody knows I come from a big software company and by big I mean right upper quadrant from Gartner’s magic quadrants and that stuff.

You can’t imagine the times we have been waiting for something from a third party. Sometimes years. It is just BAU. We just progress in parallel with the projects and with the excuses :slight_smile:

Thanks @JonL, you are of course 100% right. Unfortunately, these two items I’m struggling with render the app (based on it’s use case) unusable. Everything else I can delay/wait - it’s just the url parameter plus storage are both critical to any progress. I’d even pay someone on here to help, if that was an option!

And Google Drive? :wink: