Recording Feature with variables

Maybe a crazy idea… I just thought about people who need to create several steps again and again. As I‘ve heard, Wappler will have a Screenrecorder. Maybe it would be good not only to record screen and execution steps you have taken while doing your work with wappler, no some advanced recording would be amazing! Think about Photoshops Action Recorder, where you were able to reproduce whole steps withing seconds. This would help to setup alot instantly, if you did recorded it before. Maybe sharing of such recordings would be helpful, so members could upload or download stuff like Instant Actions. So with these Instant Actions for example you could create some page for a customer which has similarity. Maybe it would be possible to define these Instant Actions with some simple variable, where you can define Naming, Prefix, Suffix for Object Names, Serverqueries, Actions etc. Or even increment some values. But again, it shouldnt be complicated and similar to Photoshop Action Recordings, that would be amazing.

Wouldn’t it be simpler just to share some code? Either way, references to dynamic sources etc. would have to be modified. I would have thought it would be a very complicated way to produce some code.

On a related matter, I think it would be useful to have a snippets feature to store and insert blocks of code.

1 Like

Well actually this is a very good idea - and something that we were already thinking of :slight_smile:

Only it is very important to start with predefined project and settings, as you have to know example what to play back and what to expect.

And this is not only useful for automated tutorials - but also for testing Wappler as well!

It is very time consuming now to run through all UI features on each release to see if everything is working!

So hope we can pull this off soon :slight_smile:

1 Like