Really disappointed with wappler

2 Likes

I would say the first thing was to unlearn what we were used to. We had the habit of comparing Wappler to Vue - our preferred framework at the time - and focusing on only what was missing between the two. Now we find working in Vue and React tedious and incredibly slow.

Once we focused on what was available in Wappler and the terminology used by them and what each part does (We had to manually figure this out by searching the community forums} it became clear what we can do and canā€™t with wappler. On the canā€™t do side there is very little you canā€™t do with Wappler but you can expand it yourself to cover your short falls.

Secondly was understanding how to expand on what is already there. Example: we use mainly mongo as as a database and we were able to create our own libraries in Wappler for Mongo.

Third is we stuck with it and wappler a year ago vs today is two different things. The improvements and functionality that the team is constantly rolling out is worth sticking around. Plus version 4 is a great improvement.

What is sorely needed is free boilerplates by the team or community to help new users to get up and running fast, similar to what is available in bubble via the marketplace. In fact it would greatly help existing users as well, and make using Wappler even faster. Or even just a similar marketplace were we can list our boilerplates (git sources) where other user can see and use them.

We have created boilerplates for ourselves around what our clients need and it speeds up the process tremendously. We can spin up a new instance with login, register (3 different approval processes) in less than 10 minutes. Vue takes around half a day. Big difference.

Lastly we learnt to ignore the self righteous ambassadors in the community (that would attack anyone asking a sensible question on what is not working for them) and only respond to the team and other users who give valuable input.

If you need any help just ask.

Ray

10 Likes

There. Fixed :wink:

For the rest, I think itā€™s a great answer.

1 Like

Ouch. I really hope Iā€™m not among that.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure you are. You are an awful person :joy:

Without the ambassadors this community wouldnā€™t be as supportive as it is and the team would have exploded long time ago.

Every person has bad days and having the ambassador badge is completely irrelevant to that fact.

The truth is that the ambassadors are the most helpful people here besides the team. But obviously some snowflakes get butt hurt with people having different opinions and expressing them.

Itā€™s easy to blame people that are more involved in the community when the only thing some users do is just pass once in a blue moon demanding for help and never helping others.

I take the same approach as Ray. I have a blacklist of users that I will never help even if they paid me. Does that make me a bad ambassador? Not at all as I am not getting paid to give support. I just promote the product when I can and give free support to educated and nice people that deserve it and that I see they pay it forward to other users. Thatā€™s what a community is about.

Just to make it clear Ray is not in that group although I donā€™t agree with his attack on some ambassadors. I just think he had a bad day and got butt hurt for some comments someone made(maybe it was me who knows). I donā€™t keep tabs on who got offended by the things I say.

But he has already made some extensions available to the community and that is enough for me to know that he deserves support from my side when and if he asks for it.

5 Likes

This is awkward. I humbly apologise.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Actualy Ben if we take all your posts and combine them into a catalogue most of the questions needed by newbies would be answered.

4 Likes

Just to clarify I am not saying all ambassadors are evil, only a few, the rest are stirling and always help out.

ps. I knew mentioning Ambassodors would put the cat amongs the pigeons.

Valid point to newbies: I you want to get a lot of replies to a question mention the word amabassodors in your post :slight_smile:

2 Likes