Re-setup server connect

I have never been able to connect to my database, but filled out server connect information at one point. It was incorrect as i could not connect. Gave up. Today I wanted to try again and cannot access server connect to enter connection details. When I click server connect icon i get a screen with server actions. When I click the gear icon i get a screen to turn on or off debug mode. Tried both. No difference. Thank you.

Open Server Connect
Click the + icon to create a new Server Action, and give it a name like test
Click the Action Steps, Execute > Steps
Click the + icon and choose Database Actions > Database Connection
Under Properties, click the Connection Options button
A window should display where you can enter you desired Database Settings, once you have inserted all you settings hit the Test Connection button.

If you have errors in there, please post them here, also a little information such as, type of database you are trying to connect to, such as MySQL, and is it a local testing server or a remote hosted platform.

Then I will do my best to try assist more.

1 Like

yeah more info would be helpful. If its a remote database there could be firewall port issues.

Thanks, PSWeb. I figured once i got to the setup i could wrangle the db into submission. Your instructions were clear and i got to the setup. Still stymied.
The DB (MySQL/Maria) is on my web server so I guess you would call it remote. Using Php - latest stable release.

Got to ‘Connection Properties’ under steps. Clicked ‘Connection Options’/ Told Target Invalid . Told to specify Remote Target in Project Options.

Project Settings does not look like the screen in the tutorial. Attaching screenshots.

I entered the same credentials as my ftp pw and directory. Tried several combinations of things but never got a Key File.

OK don’t see how to attached screen shots. So here is the text results when i was recjected by test connection.

Under Web
Web server url - https://www.mexicomike.com access type SFTP

Under FTP - ftp Server https://www.mexicomike.com / Port 22 / Remote directory /public_html/database / user and pw known to work. Ke file - none / Use active on and off. no diff.

Tried directory with and without /public_html

Thanks so much. Going crazy.

I will make you a quick little tutorial using cpanel as a video which should help, as i am unsure what step you may be stuck at.
Should have it ready in a few moments.

1 Like

Sorry I got busy with something, but here it is

Thank you very much. That video was a lot of work. Thank you. Got it connected. Still a lot to learn.

Had a slight glitch. Thought i was uploading a file and erased 200 from my server. Index.html was replaced with index.php. Restored the .html file so site is accessible again, but not sure what’s missing.

Now, is there anyway to get a log of the deleted files so i can restore them?

Will post this in the general comments to since it goes beyond my first question.

Thank you very much.