Radio validation inside repeat form

Hi,
I have a form repeat with 2 radios for each repeat line (same name) Yes or No.
I am calling the form1.formrepeat1.radio1.validate.
No validation error comes up on any of the repeat lines? is there a work around for this ?

The radios fill an array. I can validate the correct amount of items are in the array.
But I would like to have an error message next to the line without a radio selected, or a better way of checking.
I could have 1 message come up to say questions haven’t been answered.

This should work:

<form id="form">
    <div class="form-group mb-3" id="input1_group" is="dmx-radio-group">
        <legend class="col-sm-2 col-form-label">Some radios</legend>
        <div class="form-check">
            <input class="form-check-input" type="radio" value="1" id="input1_1" name="input1" required="">
            <label class="form-check-label" for="input1_1">First radio</label>
        </div>
        <div class="form-check">
            <input class="form-check-input" type="radio" value="2" id="input1_2" name="input1" required="">
            <label class="form-check-label" for="input1_2">Second radio</label>
        </div>
        <div class="form-check">
            <input class="form-check-input" type="radio" value="3" id="input1_3" name="input1" required="">
            <label class="form-check-label" for="input1_3">Third radio</label>
        </div>
    </div>
    <button id="btn2" class="btn btn-primary" type="submit">Submit</button>

Change the layout, ID’s, names and values to suit.

Thanks Ben but i don’t think what you have there is from a repeat form?

My code below

<div class="row">
        <div class="col">
          <div is="dmx-form-repeat" id="formRepeat1" dmx-bind:items="pdb_questions.data">
            <div class="form-group mb-3 row">
              <div class="col">
                <h5 dmx-text="question">Fancy display heading</h5>
              </div>
              <div class="col">
                <div class="form-check form-check-inline">
                  <input class="form-check-input" type="radio" id="radio2" name="radio_q" dmx-on:click="arr2.replaceAt($index,question+' '+value)" value="No" required="">
                  <label class="form-check-label" for="radio2">No</label>
                </div>
                  <input class="form-check-input" type="radio" id="radio1" name="radio_q" dmx-on:click="arr2.replaceAt($index,question+' '+value)" required="" value="Yes">
                  <label class="form-check-label" for="radio1">Yes</label>
                </div>
              </div>

</div>

</div>
        </div>
      </div>

Doing condition checks as per attached code which works but not exactly what i am after.

<div class="modal-footer">
    <button type="button" class="btn btn-secondary" data-bs-dismiss="modal">Close</button>
    <button id="btn1" class="btn" type="submit" dmx-on:click="run([{run:{outputType:'text',action:`form1.in_location.validate();form1.in_jobnumber.validate();form1.formRepeat1.radio2.validate();form1.formRepeat1.radio1.validate();form1.formRepeat1.input1.validate();form1.input2.validate()`}},{condition:{outputType:'boolean',if:`form1.in_location.validationMessage.isEmpty()`,then:{steps:{condition:{outputType:'boolean',if:`form1.in_jobnumber.validationMessage.isEmpty()`,then:{steps:{condition:{outputType:'boolean',if:`form1.formRepeat1.radio2.validationMessage.isEmpty()`,then:{steps:{condition:{outputType:'boolean',if:`(arr2.items.count() == pdb_questions.data.count())`,then:{steps:{'pouchdb.insert':{name:'insert',connection:'couch',sql:{type:'insert',values:[{table:'risk_assessment',column:'task',type:'text',value:`form1.in_location.value`},{table:'risk_assessment',column:'location',type:'text',value:`form1.in_jobnumber.value`},{table:'risk_assessment',column:'questions',type:'json',value:`arr2.items`}],table:'risk_assessment',returning:'_id',query:'insert into `risk_assessment` (`location`, `questions`, `task`) values (?, ?, ?)',params:[]}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}])">Add</button>
  </div>

As you have it now, the ID’s are not unique.

IDs should be unique inside a document. If two or more elements in a document have the same ID, this method returns the first element found.

To overcome this, add $index to the ID. Don’t forget the label which needs the same treatment.

PS: it may be an idea to enter a feature request to automatically do this within a repeat area.

Thanks Ben.

I will make those edits once i get back in a few hours.

ps. Thanks for your tutorial videos, especially the ones on couch/pouch very helpful.

All thanks goes to Brian (@Hyperbytes) :+1:

Sorry yes :beers: for Brian.

Ok that is working better slight issue as i am building a mobile app with pouchdb i am not using the submit button on the form i am using the page flow.

If i test using the submit button the radios all show the validation error now.
But i cant force the validation of the radios with the .validate()
Im assuming its something to do wth the id

I am using a page flow

dmx-on:click="run([{run:{outputType:'text',action:`form1.in_location.validate();form1.in_jobnumber.validate();form1.formRepeat1.input_rad1.validate();form1.formRepeat1.input_rad2.validate()`}}

Changed repeat with dmx bind id

<div class="row">
        <div class="col">
          <div is="dmx-form-repeat" id="formRepeat1" dmx-bind:items="pdb_questions.data">
            <div class="form-group mb-3 row">
              <div class="col">
                <h5 dmx-text="question">Fancy display heading</h5>
              </div>
              <div class="col">
                  <input class="form-check-input" type="radio" id="input_rad1" name="radio_q" dmx-on:click="arr2.replaceAt($index,question+' '+value)" value="No" required="" dmx-bind:id="input_rad1{{$index}}">
                  <label class="form-check-label" for="input_rad1">No</label>
                </div>
                  <input class="form-check-input" type="radio" id="input_rad2" name="radio_q" dmx-on:click="arr2.replaceAt($index,question+' '+value)" required="" value="Yes" dmx-bind:id="input_rad2{{$index}}">
                  <label class="form-check-label" for="input_rad2">Yes</label>
                </div>
              </div>

</div>

Thanks for your help Ben i will find the solution eventually.

1 Solution as this is in a modal. i have added an onclick event to the open modal button, this submits the form so all the validation messages are shown then all the conditions work perfectly.

`form1.formRepeat1.input_rad2.validationMessage.isEmpty()`

Still looking for something better