Question about The Future of Wappler Platform/Frameworks

Hi, I am a long-time lurker of Wappler (Since 2020). I decided to dive in again over a month ago(the hyperbite course is helpful). I have a question about the code created in Wappler.

As of now, if you unsubscribe from Wappler, my code will work but I won’t be able to make changes to it? I am learning to code while I am learning about low-code platforms to build my app. And I am worried that building my app here can limit my future.

Looking at a competitor like Flutterflow, if you export a Flutterflow app, you can just edit it with Flutter without using their platform. Will this be in Wappler’s Future? I know open-sourcing something seems complicated and tedious. Wappler seems to have a small team. Just curious about the future of app I create here.

Thanks

You can always edit the code created by Wappler in any other code (or text) editor of your choice. The code generated by Wappler is html/css and js on the front end, and PHP/.NET/JS on the back end, depending on the server type you are using.
We are still discussing the best way to open source our front-end framework App Connect.

5 Likes