Q about what I saw in Unwrapped video - form design

from this video
https://wapplerunwrapped.online/videoplayer.php?id=17

he takes quite a bit of time to set field lengths on a form.
(and if another form was needed elsewhere in the system, he’d be manually making all these changes again, unless you copy/paste a bunch of html)

i don’t know when this video was made, but this is quite tedious.

has this [Form Design] been improved to store these details in a model/data dictionary, or is what is shown in the video the current method?

Jaymer…

PS @Hyperbytes - Howay the lads!

I didn’t watch the video just scrolled through but looks like this is just validation been set.

If you wanted the same form elements in a page you could use a partial for node and for php one of the other options like require, include or server side include this would then just be linked to the pages and edited in one file.

I did only briefly look at the video so apologies if this isn’t what you meant.

Hi Jaymer
The video is a few years old now but nothing has changed in relation to that particular procedure
Yes, if you need to set field lengths (maxlength) specifically this has to be done via the DOM panel and it is tedious; life would be much easier if it could be set within the field’s input properties directly (like size can) as it is something which needs to be done regularly (hint @George )
An alternative could be to set a validation rule for the max length which would be a bit quicker (wasn’t available at time of doing the video)
It would be nice if the BS5 form generator could be modified to enable setting maxlength to the length of the database field length for text fields (second hint @George )

Brian
Toon army member!

1 Like

Should also mention you can just add maxlen manually from code view by adding maxlength=“25” (changing number appropriately) like this:

<input type="text" class="form-control" id="input2" maxlength="25" name="input2" aria-describedby="input1_help" placeholder="Enter some text" dmx-bind:size="10" >