Q&A: Routing integration in Wappler

Exactly

2 Likes

4 Likes

:crying_cat_face: No support for Nginx?

Well unfortunately Nginx does not have a routes configuration file in the site, but only in its system folder and it is for the whole server. So we canā€™t change that from Wappler ā€¦

But if you have better ideas - be my guest :slight_smile:

We are already writing rules in htaccess and web.config for iis

1 Like

I was only teasing, I knew that it would not be possible. I am looking at running Nginx together with Apache so that I can use .htaccess. :sunglasses:

1 Like

nginx and htaccess /rewrite is that really working? I got lots of troubles with plesk and that setupā€¦

To make sure that Apache is running alongside Nginx make sure that the PHP uses Apache

and you have selected

Even then, I cannot get .htaccess to be recognised. Am waiting for my host to come back to me.

Ok, thanks - does version 2 of Framework7 still work with the onclicks?

That is the most common setup indeed. Nginx is often used as proxy server. Also when you use Nodejs but indeed also with Apache and php in the back.

It is really easy and automatically setup in control panels like Plesk Onyx - highly recomended for multi sites/ accounts / larger web hosting

1 Like

Easy to set-up on WHM also:

1 Like

It is possible that Apache is not configured to allow overrides from .htaccess file. Seems to be the default for 2.3.9 and later.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/core.html#allowoverride

1 Like

Thank you @George, @Dave and @patrick, I really appreciate your inputs. :love_you_gesture:

My head is spinning around at the moment, but given the information, I should be able to find a solution. Iā€™ll start a new topic as soon as I have it working.

Reverted toFramework 7 version 2 and onclick works

No problem Ben. Engintron is so easy to set-up, even with CloudFlare. Can be done in five minutes. Really does make it painless if you are using WHM and have root access to run the install script. If you have any issues (you shouldnā€™t) please give me a shout if you need to.

1 Like

:smile::ok_hand:t5: Five minutes never existed in IT work

4 Likes

We always invoice for the first hour :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what you mean. When you refer to the ā€˜routing you already haveā€™, do you mean itā€™s already possible to use .htaccess to rewrite URLs which will work with Wappler? Iā€™ve tried, but it doesnā€™t seem to work - except for simple rewrites where there are no parameters. Also, what do you mean by ā€˜it is advisable to use them just for client side stuffā€™? I appreciate that routing is required for SPAā€™s - and I imagine it applies similarly to standard sites too (but Iā€™m not sure why it doesnā€™t work already).

Iā€™m quite happy to wait until the new feature is released and I discover the answers then. Iā€™m sure things will become clearer then.

Not true any more! Forget I said this :slight_smile:

Routing is now fully implemented in Wappler 1.9.0

For explanation see:

2 Likes