Publish error... and then DB_Connection file is deleted

Hey guys,

win 10
php
wappler 6.1.2 stable

I tried to publish my project via the Publish Managet fut I at the end I got an error and failed…

I noticed that I got a message “No such file or directory” with a wierd prefix.
My project is located in:
c/xampp/htdocs/stock/stock/ folder
And I got this:
mirror: Access failed: /cygdrive/c/xampp/htdocs/stock/stock/-: No such file or directory
1 error detected

I attach a small video… The Publish Manager is not visible but after it did all the fetching I clicked the publish button and got the error and the publich failed - at the end of the video.

wappler-the-visual-web-app-creator-2024-02-08-14-00-33_ZLSdGVVU

If anybody can advice me or drop an idea of what is wrong It would be much appreciated.

Thaks in advance

Are you trying to publish to a remote target?

yes…

I’m not much help. I did ask ChatGPT and here’s what it said.

thanks Keith for searching this for me, but I can’t find what is wrong…

a) 1 and 3 from the list are of the table…

b) 4 is kind of hard to be the reason because I have successfuly published a couple of weeks ago and no permissions changed (at least not of my knowledge)

c) 5 I can’t check it because the procedure is automated via wappler UI

d) 2 is a logical explenation but again… Unix? how?

The other option I would normally try is to change the Target in the bottom left and then click Deploy to see if it runs any different from Publish, but for some reason your Wappler UI shows Get, Put, and Abort. Not sure if that’s because your using FTP. Do one of those buttons upload the files? If so, what happens when you change the target and upload the files that way?

1 Like

Thanks brother…

I will try later when at home and let you know!
Is there a possibility to damage anything “up there” (server)? :sweat_smile:

Anyway, thanks again, I will wait for a while if there is another explanation or idea and I will give it a try later

1 Like

I tell you how, Wappler is running a Linux command to synchronize the local directory with the remote directory. These kind of commands are very famous in the Linux world (e.g.: scp, rsync, and here apparently it’s using a “mirror” command I think). And how to get those running on Windows? Someone compiles them to work on Windows with the aid of a software/compatibility layer called Cygwin. This is the why the path starts with /cygwin/, it’s a virtual folder (within a Linux program context) that’s mapped to your real folder.

Anyway, that was just a curiosity, a regular Wappler wouldn’t have to know those concepts :wink:

As for the error itself, you asked “What’s wrong with my settings/setup”, but you failed to show your target settings! The folder locations need to be double-checked.

And lastly, if this is indeed a bug, the Wappler team would need to fix

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation @Apple!
At some point we all have to know what we’re talking about and it comes from…

Folders not changed but let me check them again just in case!

*I’m avoiding to point wappler at fault… Always start from my part and then if it is proved as a bug then we may call it this way

Ah, so you had deployed with success in the past? If so, no idea what could be the problem

1 Like

Well, just woke up after a short rest and realized that my connection file has been deleted AFTER MY LAST POST (the publishing error/failure…)

I have a back-up…

Should I just paste it in my current folder and fire wappler again or I better go straight with Restart wappler with Logging? (and see if there is something to be reported from there…)

@George, @Teodor

May I have some help here whenever you have time?

To resume:

1. Tried to publish via the Publish Manager,

2. Files were fetched successfully,

3. Clicking Submit I got an error and failed…
    I noticed that I got a message “No such file or directory” with a wierd prefix.
    My project is located in:
    c/xampp/htdocs/stock/stock/ folder
    And I got this:
    mirror: Access failed: /cygdrive/c/xampp/htdocs/stock/stock/-: No such file or directory
    1 error detected

I have attached a small video on my original post…

4. After that I immediatelly reported here in this post.
    Left office and arrived home and when I woke up from a short rest (without opening Wappler or PC at all) I opened my PC and noticed that my dmxConnect/modules/Connections folder was empty… The DB connection php file has been deleted!!

I knwo that you are not magicians to guess what is wrong…
But:

should I just paste the back-up DB_Connection file that I have in there and fire Wappler?

OR Restart wappler with Logging (without DB Connection file…) and see if there is anything to be reported about what happening?