Provide source in Define Schema

In a server action > api action, we can currently provide the source in order to generated the schema…works great!

I’d like to have the same ability in a set value action. We can currently manually created the schema, but pasting in would be a huge time saver.

My use case. I’m using an api action to retrieve data – I don’t have control over its format. Rather than providing an array of contacts, it provides an object with each sub object having its own id. It’s bizarre.

So I am using a customer formatter to get these into an array. This is working.

The problem is that a) there are hundred of nested elements and b) I have no visibility to those elements by the time I’m selecting in the dynamic data picker. Soooo, I’m manually entering all the items – pasting a sample would save my life because I have more of these to do. :slight_smile:

Hope this is low on the time invested on Wappler’s side since we already have this in an api action.

Set value:

API action:

PS. You can do this manually by pasting the response into an api action, and then copying that into the set value – all using the editor. So yes doable, but using the UI would obviously be preferred.