Provide email sending functionaility and sequences to end-users - any open source options?

Hey all,

We’d like to find a way that we could introduce email building and sending functionality to our end users - so they could send marketing emails / sequences and drip campaigns - say similar to the likes of Lemlist.com - has anyone achieved this within Wappler without any third party code/open source - or if that’s not possible, if anyone has achieved this could you please point me towards any resources/open source code we could take a look at to start thinking about how we could achieve this.

Many, many thanks in advance for this one.

Matt

Bump :blush:

It was mentioned before but something like https://grapesjs.com/ might be of use to you. I can’t see the Wappler team building a drag-and-drop Mailchimp style email builder soon so you’ll need to look at integrating something.

There’s also a point of making sure emails render correctly in different clients/mailbox providers and on different devices too. I remember the days of hand coding emails with tables :joy:

Another option, not free unfortunately, but Revolvapp looks good. Will need a little coding.

1 Like

For open source marketing automation try https://www.mautic.org/

1 Like

Thank you @max_gb - familiar with Grape as a couple of marketing automation platforms we use ourselves have had that, so we’ll likely continue looking into that option.

Where I am a little stuck is how we’d administer such functionality to the end user, not just the ability to create/edit emails - but the actual sending, automation/sequencing functionality, and whether or not that’s even possible in Wappler. Currently looking into Nylas as an option for this.

Sending is already built in via SMTP or it’s easy enough to integrate to another service using their api.

Scheduling can be done within Wappler or by using cron jobs. I believe there is a new scheduling component coming soon for Node. Some external sending services also have scheduling abilities built in to their API’s. It just depends how native you want to go with Wappler.

Never used Nylas before so can’t comment on that.

1 Like

Grape is on my to-do list as a possible solution for CMS features so I’d be very interested to hear how you get on with it.

1 Like