Properties Class Field Hard to Edit For Long Content

If I have lots of classes on an element, and the list expands beyond the width of the Class Input in the properties area, it is very hard to move the cursor to text that is off screen to edit it.

So in the attached example, I want to edit the class that begins s_bg_

In fact I’ve just realised why… as you move the cursor to the end of the line, when you go one character off the line end, the cursor wraps back to the start of the line.

It would be soooo much easier if it just stays at the last character!

Best wishes,
Antony.

class

1 Like

We will be redesigning those soon so that instead of entry a multi select tag list is used.

1 Like

That is great @George
I find myself adding a lot of formatting by just typing the BS4 class name I know, or by adding a class name I created in my own css file… will the new method make it easy to type in your own class?

I have just got in the habit of adding my manual classes to the beginning of the text box since order of the classes doesn’t make a difference. But of course if the Wappler team can come up with a better solution (like they seem to do) it would be awesome.

Well you really have to let the UI do that for you. That is what the properties inspector is for :smile: no need to learn all the BS4 classes out of your head.

@George, I don’t agree with that!

I find it many many times easier to type “mt-3” in the class box than scroll down to the Spacing area and start moving things around with the mouse to achieve the same thing!

And of course I need to be able to type in my own classes I have defined in my style sheet.

I believe we need the flexibility to work as our own approach dictates.

** Please don’t take away the ability to manually enter classes! :pray: **

1 Like

no problem - we will have both :slight_smile:

1 Like