Projects list location?

Where would we find the file/files that maintains the Project list for Wappler? What I mean by this is, is there a file which contains all the Projects currently listed within Wappler? And could this/these file/files be available to backup? Reason I ask is that when re-installing Wappler rather than add the Projects individually is there a way we can simply import a single file? Much the same as a bookmarks import for Chrome…

Much like the .ste file in Dreamweaver.

1 Like

I suggested it a long time ago. They made it clear to me that no one needs it except me and, in principle, it makes no sense. I’m glad, my friend, that I’m not alone. :grin: :beers:

1 Like

It makes total sense to have this feature especially for those with Pro and Pro Company subscriptions. We are adding quite a few Projects in the coming days including legacy Projects. I’ve had a couple of system issues in the past few months ranging from Windows crashing every half hour to bad sectors on a hard drive causing re-installation of Wappler. Then going through trying to locate all the Projects to import them. I understand we could organise things better but its not the case currently. Having the ability to one click and import all our Projects would be extremely beneficial. We currently take a screen shot to remind us which Projects we have imported, but this is not the best solution. Would make total sense if we could export and import Project details!

I’ve voted for your Feature Request @Mr.Rubi

Sorry I did not see it before I created this Topic.

I believe Dreamweaver’s .ste file is just per site. I think Wappler already handles the per site addition very well. Even better than having to save an .ste file.

However, I can see having a backup of the total projects in one file very interesting. Especially for those that have many projects. I would vote for this even though I have not needed such a thing yet. But knowing it was. there would relieve some stress in doing full installs.

1 Like

Please vote for @Mr.Rubi’s Feature Request @brad

Just did :wink:

2 Likes

You star! Thank you for suggesting it @Mr.Rubi

1 Like

Projects are stored in a json file located in:

Windows:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Wappler\Configuration\projects.json

Mac:

MAC HD/Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Wappler/Configuration/projects.json

Linux:

.config/Wappler/Configuration

You can copy it somewhere, reinstall Wappler and copy it back :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you @Teodor

Linux:

.config/Wappler/Configuration/projects.json
1 Like

Thanks, forgot about linux :slight_smile:

1 Like