Project Publisher: Turn off Synchronization

Is there a way to turn off the new synchronization when publishing? I made one simple change to one API file on a large site and it has been looking for changes for 10 minutes now. The publish process was already painfully slow. This just makes it worse.

Update: It took twenty minutes to publish one simple change to an API file. :frowning:

Changing this to a Feature Request. Publishing is very painful now. No idea why it has to check files twice. Once to get listing and once when publishing.

Should not take twenty minutes to publish a change to one file. :frowning:

1 Like

20 minutes? What is taking that long Brad?

Takes about 15 minutes to 'Fetch Listing" as shown in screenshot and then another 5 plus minutes to actually publish.

What target/connection type are you using and how many files do you have in the project?

Just basic FTP …

Probably 1000 or more files. Remote server probably has even hundreds more that are uploaded through the dashboard. No idea how to find out. Most of the files are put there by Wappler (Stripe, AWS, etc … that are not even needed)

I can live with the five minute publish (Same for all sites no matter how big). But the other synchronization even with delete unused files turned off is just too much. I think. that should be an additional tool to be used when needed. Not forced every time you publish a minor change.

Edit: Over 2000 files not including user uploaded files on remote. 720 useless files just in the Stripe and AWS folder that it checks every time I publish.

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 10.45.28 AM

Never really seen such a thing, maybe something specific to your ftp server / target.
@George will check it.

When using ftp for publishing, to determine which files are to be uploaded for synchronization, all remote folders and there files lists have to be retrieved and compared with the local files.

So if your ftp server is not very fast and smart and thousands of files and folders have to be retrieved, than it can take a while indeed.

There for my request to be able to turn off the first sync (fetching list). Comparing files once should be enough. I don’t get why that new step was added. It worked perfectly fine before. It should be optional.

It’s the ‘Fetching List’ that takes so long. Has nothing to do with the FTP server? Where is it fetching a list from? And why?