Project Assets Updater: don't prompt to update again if we rejected the update for the current published version

Project Assets Updater: don’t prompt to update again if we rejected the update for the current published version

This was previously a bug report.

Original topic before edition

Wappler 5.0.3
MacOS

Can’t manually select which files to update, can only select using the buttons Check all and Check none.

With difficulty, I can click the checkbox group to select all or none as well (works like at the 2nd click)

That’s never been available. You can choose to update the server connect or app connect components, not single components.

Well, moved to feature requests then :man_shrugging:

I think that is done on purpose so that files that may perhaps be connected in some way all get updated to keep compatibility? I thought there was a reason for it any way. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I think so as well :wink: Though in reality what happens is I have to revert dmxBootbox5.js with Git because I applied some missing functionality there that the Wappler team is not interested, so there you have my reason for individually picking files :slight_smile:

1 Like

Although I would always update all, I gave ya a vote. I can see maybe some power users like yourself needing more control.

To be honest, I’m completely fine if this is not implemented as I originally wrote in the first post

I think tracking changes with Git is better because that way we can still update the assets, and manually revert the affected line changes we’ve made.

However, a possible improvement would be for Wappler to be smart that we have already changed a certain file, and don’t prompt again for updating that file unless a new version of it is published

I’m renaming this feature request title to match that new idea

1 Like