Prod Environment - Connection Timout for Postgres (Connects fine in Wappler, connects fine with pgAdmin)

Hey all,

A bit perplexed by this one.

I have a second DB connection, which is to Postgres. The Prod Postgres is a carbon copy of our dev version, just larger.

Within Wappler on the prod target - I can successfully test the connection, I can edit the DB etc.
I can connect to the prod postgres as well with pgAdmin4.

When I deploy to production environment and test the app - which would require the connection to the postgres DB, I just get a timeout.

What’s odd - is that everything is exactly the same as the dev postgres db, and that works fine in staging.

I’ve reviewed the access policies and made sure that the IP of the app (which is an assigned elastic IP) is the correct one. So, there is literally no reason I can think of for it to timeout.

Can anyone with experience in this area guide me where I could look to find the cause of this?

I ended up managing to solve the timeout issue. For some reason I’m completely baffled by - staging environment connects fine to our remote Postgres DB and I’m using the elasticIP in my access policy. However for prod > remote Postgres DB this wouldn’t work. So this morning I tried the private IP and it worked. Staging still connects fine, without the private ip in the access policy. Odd.