Problems with dynamic link in email body

Hi Teodor,

I am just having some trouble implementing this. I am getting the error that the hash does not match. In your screenshots above in the has comparison step you have the comparison type set to number? Is this correct? This hash is a string for me, but the comparison still does not succeed if this comparison is set to string.

Do you have any advice for trouble shooting this? the end of my link looks like this:

password_reset.php?email=xxx@%0Dgmail.com&id=addbd8d64bb26b1e64201858f2cd55aebb3e5453

Is the %0D normal after the @ sign?

Thanks

It doesn’t matter - should be a string.
Are the two hashed actually the same?

Probably a stupid question, but how do I check what the other hash is? Obviously the hash from the URL is from the request page hashing, but how do I check the recreated hash from the server action file?
Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

Hey @Teodor,

I found what the problem is, but I’m not sure where it’s coming from. The link that is generated inserts a %0D half way through my link, that messes up with the update_password server action file. When I remove this %0D from the link and reload, then the password updates as required. I know that this is a CR symbol. Is this a bug in the hyperlink function in the mailer? You can see my mail generator and the generated link with %0D below. Any ideas as to why this %0D is creeping in at that point? One thing that may or may not help is that it always seems to get inserted after the same number of characters in the link, ie. If I swap email variable to be in front of the id variable in the URL then it is the email variable that gets interfered with.

/password_reset.php?id=ed5b251f608%0Da109e500130de669e1c4bbf217bde&email=xxx@gmail.com

EDIT:
So if I don’t use the hyperlink function to mask the link with an underlined word, then the link is generated and emailed correctly. Also, if I just change the email type from html to text, then the correct link is generated.

There must be some quirk or bug in the hyperlink functionality or else maybe a line limit in the html encoder for the mailer, or else I’m doing something funny with it.