Problems with database connection

Folks,

I am running into an issue with developing database connections. I have been trying to follow the 2nd webinar to develop a CRUD application. The frontend piece went well but the database was not getting updated with the form.

I reached out to Namecheap (hosting provider) customer support and they said they supported remote connections only for SSH connections. So, I implemented the connection through Putty following the instructions on
https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/1249/2180/how-to-remotely-connect-to-a-mysql-database-located-on-our-shared-server

Now, I am still having trouble connecting. I followed the debugging steps above but it seemed like a more basic problem. The ‘Preview’ under XHR wouldn’t even open as the GET or POST actions didn’t even complete. For example, I would get the connection error (500) notification within Wappler.

Upon reviewing some error logs, it looks like a common error is "Failed opening required ‘…/…/…/dmxConnectLib/dmxConnect.php’ ". After some research, it looked like the above needs a fix in the pathname. This is getting way too confusing for me. Does anybody understand what’s happening and how I can fix the problem.

Hello,
You do not need remote connection and you don’t need to setup SSH connection…

Wappler uploads the connection file to your remote target, which is on the same shared server as your database. When the connection file is uploaded, the connection is made from there, so no remote connection is ever required.

The error you posted shows that some file(s) cannot be found. Probably they are not uploaded to your remote target. Please use the publish button to upload all the files to your target.

Yup, publishing it and refreshing all the connections made it work instantly. Thank you!

Not sure who owns the webinars on YouTube but it would be great if this publish step was highlighted when the actions were created.

I do the webinars @iamteja, this is not highlighted as it should not be necessary, files should be uploaded automatically. it has been caused by some sort of glitch.

i will add a note to the YouTube video comments as a prompt (done)