Problem With A Previously Working Login

I’m having issues with the login of an old project that has been updated to 4.6.1. The login no longer works and when I check the Inspect Elements I find a problem with the file urls. I’m not sure how or why the url address to these files for security would be altered like shown in the image below.

The paths in the security provider seem wrong.

So check the global security provider and maybe resave it

I too found that to be weird. Especially, after the login has been working for years. Do you believe that I should just rebuild the login system?

Well just recheck that everything is in place and the global security providers are saved well. Maybe check the generated code for the correct paths.

Is it normal to show this info in the inspect elements? It is showing the database login and password (behind the red mask). I was a bit alarmed to see this.

Yes if you have debug enabled then it can contains sensitive info.

So it is advisable to switch the debug off on production sites. It is in server connect settings and it is saved per target.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up!

Check the project settings to see where HOME is set as far as the relative paths of files.

Target–

Project setting for “Links Relative To --”

The targets look good. I did note that for some reason the Use Routing was selected. I have no idea what would have changed that setting!?

That cured the illness.

My original question started by asking if you were using routing.

But I deleted it because I thought that you would have been through that setting when you rebuilt the code.

Perhaps you didn’t notice it because Wappler first posted in February 2019 about planning to integrate in the following Wappler release a brand new panel in the project set up steps devoted to Routing.

Rebuilding your code with Wappler since that Routing panel was added as a default feature probably introduced your error.

1 Like