Problem send mail in Nodejs

I have set everything up as it should (as far as I can see)
However when I send an email I get this error

"Error: Invalid login: 535 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: \n 
at SMTPConnection._formatError (/www/wwwroot/PL_webdesign/nodejsapp/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:784:19)\n 
at SMTPConnection._actionAUTHComplete (/www/wwwroot/PL_webdesign/nodejsapp/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:1536:34)\n 
at SMTPConnection.<anonymous> (/www/wwwroot/PL_webdesign/nodejsapp/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:540:26)\n 
at SMTPConnection._processResponse…b/smtp-connection/index.js:947:20)\n 
at SMTPConnection._onData (/www/wwwroot/PL_webdesign/nodejsapp/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:749:14)\n 
at TLSSocket.SMTPConnection._onSocketData (/www/wwwroot/PL_webdesign/nodejsapp/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:189:44)\n 
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:210:5)\n 
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:308:12)\n 
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:289:11)\n 
at TLSSocket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:223:10)"

Does anyone have any idea what is going on ?
Loving nodeJS but never had issues like this with PHP :frowning:

What SMTP server are you using?

mail.plwebdesign.com.au

I’m just going to try it now on a php project to make sure its not the server

Can you please double check your credentials? Are you using the correct username/pass?

yep have triple checked those.

Does your password contain any special (non-alphanumeric) characters? And if yes can you try removing them and see if that will fix the issue?

nope have already tried that…It contains 1 Cap and then letters and number only

Your mail server is not accepting your login credentials. This can have different reasons. I found following issue with the NodeMailer that we use, seems that the problems differ per person from having special characters, not having a credit card attached to the cloudservice or the hosting having some GEO security.

You can send me the mail credentials in a private message if you want me to have a look at it.