Problem finding a form to submit a search to return a table or list

I have two select input for for city and state, based on users selection for city and state, I submit a search to the database to return a list of doctors. I don’t want want to do filter. I cannot find any example where user input is sent back to the server to be used in SQL search condition.

Have you checked:

It works the same for select inputs, just use equals instead of contains in the database query filter.

I mentioned I don’t want filter. With filter the entire table is returned to the user and the filtering is done on the front end by javascript instead of back end. I want to submit two html query parameters to the backend as get variables in my SQL query.

That’s not the case actually. The filtering is done entirely on the server side, when you are filtering the database query in your server action.

If you don’t want any data loaded on page load, then you can set the server action on the page to “no load” and load it on some button click using the dynamic events, when the parameters are selected.

I just tested your suggestion and noticed that it stops working, that is the search does not display any result when I check the Server Connect Action: “No Auto Load”.
I just don’t want the user mobile data used up in storing table records that the user has not requested.
How does this work with submit button?
What does Auto Load do or mean?
Is Auto Load happening on the front end user device or back end server?

Well No Load means the server action won’t load anything on page load … isn’t that what you need?
Maybe you can just explain what you currently have and what are you trying to achieve so we can help more. It’s a bit unclear from you explanation what you have on the page, what do you filter and what do you want to show.

[quote=“abotusa, post:5, topic:26124”]

Loading of the server action always happens on the back end and then it’s displayed on the front end …

Why would the search stop working only when “No Auto Load” is checked.
Turning off Auto Load, my search does not display any result.
How can I get search to work with Auto Load turned off?

I already asked you to provide some more detailed explanation of what you are doing. I don’t know how to answer:

as i don’t know what you have on your page and what are you trying to do …

I have a med table and the query condition is for town=$_Get.variable.
I also have binding on the server connect action for town = inputtext.value
I used a table generator to display the result.
My setup works, displays result when “Auto Load” is enabled by default.

Then, check my first reply to this topic :slight_smile:

Please ask George Petrov to see if there other ways to do a search with Auto Load disabled?

Your comment really doesn’t make any sense :slight_smile: follow the tutorial I linked to and you will achieve what you need.