Probably blend with the margin & padding control

On entering the PROPERTIES/SPACING window things have changed. Simply moving the mouse any where changes the dimensions and it is impossible to save the desired result. Any mouse movement changed the dimensions.
As you see the results change as the pointer moves.
There is no dragging involved.
I have tried turning on and off the experimental mode. This only started ( I think) after the latest update

I cannot show the pointer as i need for SNAGIT. But here are an example of how the parameters change by moving and are impossible to conserve, as the mouse moves and so do the numbers. 1 2 3

Hello,
It’s not really clear what exactly your issue is. Can you please make a short video showing what’s going wrong?

I had this as well yesterday…will try to duplicate and create a movie.

2 Likes

Thanks Ken, this will really help.

Okay, so what you can’t see is when I release the click and just move the mouse. I first start to change the top margin and it works as designed – I move slowly during that period. Then I release the mouse click and start moving rapidly and the margin keeps changing.

spacing.mov (2.1 MB)

2 Likes

Thanks, we are going to check this.

2019-12-20_18-54-44.mp4 (671.7 KB)

I hope that explains it

same problem here 2.4.5

Does this happen only on the bootstrap 4 spacing options in App Structure?
What about the margin/padding controls in the design panel?

Workaround: press the TAB-key after selection.

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.17763
  • Wappler Version : 2.4.5

Problem description

When trying to add separation in any element, i was able before to drag the orange or green bar and when stopped dragging, the number at the time was chosen. This is no longer the behaviour. I release the drag and if I move the mouse, the number now changes. (This UI looks good but I’m wondering if it is more complicated than it needs to be. )

Steps to reproduce

1. Chose an object
  2. In the properties area, go to Spacing
  3. Attempt to change the margin or padding of the object
1 Like

That’s right.
I noticed that too in version 2.4.5. Let’s wait for the next update to fix this.

This has been reported here.

Workaround: press the TAB-key after selection.

Ben,
It does not work for me.
I am sure a solution will come along.
Meanwhile, a happy festive season to one and all.

1 Like

Guys, for those experiencing the issues:

In the design panel it works fine. But if you go back and look at the App Structure it still dances around.
However, the changes made in the design panel have the last say so to speak- so that is a work around.
Thanks

I am trying to apply margins and padding to the HEADER element as per the image. The problem is here and pressing TAB has not solved.

Thank you all for the reports. We will investigate the issue.

Happy holidays! :christmas_tree: :champagne: