PREVIEW: Upcoming App Connect Performance Update

Would you know what make great blog posts(if you found the time that is)?

Engineering posts. Development, testing, builds, deployment, infra, etc
Thought process, methodologies…
Refactoring the frontend to latest ES niceties.

Yes that will be nice :slight_smile: - unfortunately we have to deliver results and don’t have much time to do a “making of” - if we had a few more marketing people, then we could do it - but it is hard to find good reliable people these days.

2 Likes

We can discuss salary over a beer if you want.

J/K yeah it was only wishful thinking and I still prefer a product oriented team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@George Are these files from the beta channel process? They popped up in my commit, so just wondering if I should care about them, or ignore.

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 8.11.40 AM

No those temp files aren’t ours.

Most of my app connect “work” is done by .where() functions… are these speeded up very much? :face_with_monocle:

The where functions are not updated, but expressions are being parsed less so they will be called less times which should help speed up.

There is a new update available, you can get the update by downloading the file from the topic again.

Hi @patrick,
Just had a chance to try the beta channel on a NodeJS project and found that the browser component isn’t updated on internal links:

Hi @patrick,
Just tried an old PHP project with the beta channel and API files that work in stable are producing the following error on Beta:

Full trace:

#0 [internal function]: exception_error_handler(2, ‘preg_match() ex…’, ‘/var/www/html/d…’, 194, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/db/SqlBuilder.php(194): preg_match(’/\s+AS\s+/i’, Object(stdClass))
#2 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/db/SqlBuilder.php(301): lib\db\SqlBuilder->quoteIdentifier(Object(stdClass))
#3 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/db/SqlBuilder.php(255): lib\db\SqlBuilder->compileFrom(Object(stdClass))
#4 [internal function]: lib\db\SqlBuilder->compileComponent(‘from’)
#5 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/db/SqlBuilder.php(228): array_map(Array, Array)
#6 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/db/SqlBuilder.php(217): lib\db\SqlBuilder->compileSelect()
#7 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/auth/DatabaseProvider.php(68): lib\db\SqlBuilder->compile()
#8 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/auth/Provider.php(178): lib\auth\DatabaseProvider->permissions(95, Array)
#9 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/modules/auth.php(74): lib\auth\Provider->restrict(Object(stdClass))
#10 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(195): modules\auth->restrict(Object(stdClass), ‘’, NULL)
#11 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(159): lib\App->execSteps(Object(stdClass))
#12 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(127): lib\App->execSteps(Array)
#13 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(116): lib\App->exec(Object(stdClass), false)
#14 /var/www/html/dmxConnectLib/lib/App.php(94): lib\App->exec(Object(stdClass))
#15 /var/www/html/dmxConnect/api/security/logincheck.php(8): lib\App->define(Object(stdClass))
#16 {main}

I believe that I fixed that bug, please test with this version:

SqlBuilder.zip (3.0 KB) Unzip to dmxConnectLib/lib/db.

Sorry @patrick. I’ve just replaced that file and redeployed (using local docker target) but get the same error message

Please send that specific server action file that is generating the error in a private message to me.

Hey @patrick,
Just a quick nudge on this one (browser component not updating for internal links)… still an issue in 4.7.2

Here the latest version of the browser component.

dmxBrowser.zip (1.6 KB)

Thanks @patrick, that seems to solver the browser component update on internal page change :+1:

Great to hear the new App Connect is working all fine for you all!

If we don’t receive any other problem reports, we will be adding it as official release tomorrow and no longer beta.

2 Likes

For everyone who wants to test it, here is the latest build which will probably be the one that will be released tomorrow.

dmxAppConnect.zip (26.1 KB)

3 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Websockets data and App Connect update cycles