Theme Manager

Hey guys! So my update’s missing the theme manager icon. I’m not alone on this am I?

Have you turned on the experimental features? This is set off by default.

Thanks Marcus! That fixed it!
I’m still learning what every button does. Thanks again.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Wappler slow performance

Plus one on having this on a bootswatch theme. Thanks for the fonts!

First up, great work! Really appreciate the effort that you guys have put into Wappler. :+1:

One little problem, the Responsive Font Sizes doesn’t work. Not surprising because I have not been able to make it work in Bootstrap 4.4 either.

Have a look at the effect of RFS

My alternative has been to add the style rules as per

Hopefully, the Wappler honchos can make it work, it is such a beautiful addition to a site.

Thank you! Thank you!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I now have to revisit the videos and tutorials that I made, most of them contain my inferior version of Bootstrap theming. Thanks for keeping this old codger busy. :joy:

3 Likes

Great work Team!

Unfortunately, I can’t see the theme icon in macOS Wappler…

You need to turn the experimental features on and restart Wappler :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am late in commenting since I was busy setting up a new site to see how well this works and as everyone else has noted, this is great.

I would suggest that while not part of the Bootstrap site colors, it would be nice to add some custom colors at onto the settings. They would have to be incorporated elsewhere to be applied, but, for example, my site quotes a lot of Bible verses and I have two or three specified colors for this. Such as simply .verse, .verse1, .verse2. It would be nice if you could add the ability to create these extra colors once in the theme and then apply them via Styles in some fashion.

@jimatjude
I think you might be confusing this new panel with custom css classes you might need.
The idea of the Theme Manager is to customize the default colors/fonts/styles coming with the Bootstrap 4 framework so they suit your needs.
For example, you can make the secondary color, to not be grey, but pink and then it will appear pink everywhere you apply a color or background with a style secondary …

This panel has nothing to do with any additional custom CSS classes you may need. These can be created and used in the Design Panel.

1 Like

Hi guys,
Please check the new 2.8.1 update, it brings some more options to the theme manager :slight_smile:

This is a huge improvement - amazing within a day!

Changes in Theme Manager are now more or less instantly reflected in Design View. The new options (text, background and links) were probably my top 3 wishes. Theme Manager is really a great new feature, brilliantly implemented. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi, is there a way to implement two themes and they can be chosen by the user or by a certain parameter? For example, pressing a button changes the theme or automatically changes the theme at a certain time of day.

Thanks you are doing a great job!

4 Likes

Good idea - will see what we can do

3 Likes

This would be freaking amazing. If I could design my dashboards with user selected themes that would rock our staff’s worlds. Especially if it remembered your chosen theme. Sooner or later the subscription cost has to go up for Wappler. This isn’t the same product we started with two + years ago. I would gladly pay (invest) a bit more.

2 Likes

The new theme manager is really a gift for the creative front-end web designer. Thank you!

3 Likes

Very nice and useful thing with default background, body and links colours - thank you. Great job !!

1 Like

Thank you for that fast update and for the addition of Text, background and links color options!

Note: I notice a good improvement in speed in the theme panel options but I still have some hard time scrolling trough de fonts, the drop down window still ffreeze “randomly” for a few seconds when scrolling, but not as long as it was befor the 2.8.1 update.

I tend to find the fonts I want at fonts.google.com and then type them into the filter in Wappler.

2 Likes

We can disable the real-time preview in the list when scrolling, which will improve the scrolling experience really well.
So the preview will be on hover only.

3 Likes