Preloader renders Design view useless

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.18363
  • Wappler Version : 2.8.2

Problem description

Expected Behaviour when inserting a Preloader on a page

In Design View: the preloader object is somehow shown AND that all other elements are also visible.
In Internal Browser: The preloader object is rendered until the page is loaded.

Observed Behaviour when inserting a Preloader on a page

In Design View: nothing but the preloader is shown, (see the picture below) effectively rendering the Design view useless

In Internal Browser: The internal browser does not fare better. Reloading the page just shows the preloader, irrespective of the setting of the app connect toggle button.

Steps to reproduce

1. Add a preloader to a page
  2. Try to use the Design View or the Internal Browser.

Hello, what exactly do you call “Internal Browser” - do you mean the design view?
Do your whole post mean - “On my page the preloader is loading infinitely in design view” ?

If that’s the case, i see 2 errors on your page, which are probably causing this

Screenshot_40

Hi @Teodor,

Sorry for not responding earlier but it’s one of those weeks!

Note:
It is very possible that I’m misunderstanding how the Design View should work here and called a bug what is just my misplaced expectation. If that’s the case, I apologize and ask you to feel free to reclassify the post.

Wrt your very good points:
By “internal browser” I meant the “preview mode”, the one that renders within Wappler the page that I’m building. It’s the one that is activated by the little “eye” button at the top.

Your point on the two errors is well taken, it is likely that those errors are what cause the issue that I see. These errors are created by server connects in the page. I asked a while back about errors like those and it was explained to me that these server connects expect an authenticated user and thus fail.

Unfortunately, the following is taking place:

1. If the server connect and the page expect an authenticated user to render, I don’t know how to do that in Design mode. If that’s the case, then the Preloader behaves the way I observe.

2. The button that “toggles App Connect mode” has no effect in this page, and maybe it is because the page has the Security Provider Enforcer activated.

3. The design view seems to “execute” the logic of widgets like the preloader and any component that has a condition to show or hide. As a result, I see in Design mode that the preloader clobbers the page while and that objects with a conditional Show disappear

Maybe I should just see that there is a preloader widget somewhere in the page (in case I wanted to click on it to quickly find it in the App Structure) or that there are objects that have conditional view settings. Perhaps, the Design view should have a way of toggling these constraints, because while I design, I may want to see those objects and access them.

My current workaround is to go to the Code view and comment out the lines with the Preloader.

Let me know if this helps,

Alex

You might want to check:

And