Preloader Does Not Load First

I update to the newest version and I notice that the preloader animation dont work as desired.

Like instad of loading first other elements load first and are visible then the preloader comes in but as far as the other elements are loaded the preloaded disapear making a funny animations.

In my mind suppose to have the preloader prior anything is loaded .

Please take a look to a real example.

1 Like

I have the same issue, it looks like the speed increase with AC2 is now faster than the preloader, so a flash of un-rendered content is visible before the preloader starts.

This new AC2 has had a serious affect on the page loading speed, its so fast now it gives me a nosebleed :slight_smile:

Could you test if the following update fixes it

dmxPreloader.zip (3.6 KB)

It did not work for me, see here:

It should not do any fade in animation, where is your dmx-preloader tag located and did you apply any styling to it?

it’s right after the body tag:

Hey Tom, Just throwing it out there. If you are using a theme check the bundled scripts to see if they contain their own preloader implementation and remove it. This can often cause conflicts.

Good call @Cheese yes I am using a template, and it had a preloader, however the CSS and JS files for this have been removed. This problem only started after the 6.5 update - However, I’m not quite sure if I’m now seeing this because of a problem with AC2 doing it, OR if AC2 now loads the page so fast its highlighting an issue that has always been there but not noticed due to AC1 loading slower…

Can you check if the following update changes the behavior

dmxPreloader.zip (3.6 KB)

thats a breaking change, it leads to this:

This is still happening in 6.5.1

What exactly is wrong with it? Looks like it is working in the videos to me.

Content flashes before the preloader starts working, also, fields containing dynamic data show before the data loads and show/hide sections show all content before the preloader fires.

I just started another project and it’s doing the same on that one - all of this was fine on AC1.

I see. Did a test and can confirm this behaviour.

Edit: Actually on my test page it seems the data is just loading so fast it doesn’t have time to fade out the preloader so the preloader is still fading out after the content has been loaded. Trying it on a page with more data to load seems to work fine. I think the data is loading so fast it doesn’t give the preloader time to close. Will do more testing.

But AC2 is just too dang fast.

Edit 2: I just tried on one of my biggest dashboard projects on a page with 33 server connects and several hide/show elements. Seems to work perfect for me. Maybe an issue of where the pre-loader code is placed in your app structure? Just guessing …

2 Likes

Does it help if you comment out the line transition: all 0.5s linear; in the dmxPreloader.css file?

2 Likes

Yes, that appears to have fixed it, thank you!

I must say, this AC2 is ridiculously fast when compared to AC1 - it really has made a huge difference.

2 Likes

Sorry I have been a little disconnected and dont want to disturb the flow of this topic. Does this is fixed? Can I help to test something?

@Chackmool
just try Patrick’s solution and check if the preloader issue s fixed for your case…

I fixed a problem with the preloader that it sometimes didn’t wait long enough for all data being loaded. The issue with the fade in at the start I have not fixed but removing the transition from the css will fix that, it will however also remove the fade out effect.