Pray for our friend Ray Borduin

Hello,

I understand that this may not be the ideal platform for such messages, but I believe that we are all a community and owe each other support. Many of us here at Wappler started with DMX and Webassist extensions. As some of you may know, their founder, Ray Borduin, has been battling cancer for the past few months. Unfortunately, cancer has taken him from us today, leaving behind 5 children. For all colleagues who would like to make a donation for his family, you are welcome to do so. And if all you can offer are your prayers for our good friend Ray, that is more than enough.

Thank you all.

Donation Page.

+++++++

1 Like

Terribly sorry to hear. Had many a good session with Ray. May he rest in peace. :pray:

2 Likes

Got to know Ray back in my early Dreamweaver days. Good guy. Sorry to hear this. I will have a drink in his honour tonight. Thank you for the update.

2 Likes

DMX and Webassist were my go-to tools that enabled me to get where I am today. Rest in peace Ray, you made a real difference to a lot of people.

2 Likes

Really sad to hear this news. Like others have said, DMX got me into the coding world many, many years ago and Ray was always there to help when it was needed. Webassist was the perfect name to describe his ethos.

Rest in peace Ray. You will be missed by loads.

4 Likes

Ray helped me out many times. Was always incredibly kind and helpful. Sad to hear of his passing. His legacy stands tall amongst us. A true genuine gentleman of which there are very few in this world.

3 Likes

This is sad to hear. Like others, he was around when I first started getting into dynamic websites back in the day and used DMX and Webassist. He was always very supportive and helped me on my journey into a great career in code. You’ll be missed but never forgotten Ray.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Matt. I am a very dear and personal friend of Ray and his partner Trish.The three of us were very close through our local billiards league. Its touching to hear so much about him through his career as a web developer. The grief of his loss has been overwhelming.

One of Rays last wishes was to make sure to keep webassist up and running. Trish and I were organizing and cleaning his office yesterday and she mentioned that to me. His server is on and running in the corner. Ill ask her about any passwords he may have shared with her too.

My contact is mjagielinski@gmail.com, 760 815 7552

Can anyone please reach out to me with contact info, just in case something arises in the future and i need assistance with making sure it stays up and running. Im not very tech savvy, but with guidance can make things work for sure.

Thank You
Matt

3 Likes