Possible Role to Build Video On Demand Infrastructure

I have an opportunity to expand my workshop booking app to also manage the sale of pre-recorded classes for my clients. This would require me to implement a VOD server/streaming infrastructure and link access to it from my app to allow video upload and selling the rights to view videos by views or time.

I don’t have the time to implement the infrastructure, so I’d love to hear from anyone who would be interested in the work to do this.

I’m imagining there will be a file upload/management facility created via custom server actions (in PHP), much like the S3 interface within Wappler. Then we will need the facility to manage access to each video on the per view or per time basis.

There will also be the possibility to manage the infrastructure and scaling on an on-going basis.

The rest of the payment and file management GUI I will manage myself within my app.

I’ve discussed the setup with the sales team at Digital Ocean, and they are recommending working with an organisation called Red5 to handle the VOD part.

I can’t be sure I will go ahead with this, but if you’d be interested to discuss it in some more detail, drop me a pm. I’ll be on holiday for a few days now so I probably won’t come back to you until the end of the coming week.

Best wishes,
Antony.