Possible identity problem - 2nd page after logging in not returning identity

Hi, related to the closed “NodeJS: Security Provider - identity not seeming to work?” ticket.

The flow is:

1. Login
  2. New Page (Security Provider/SecurityRestrict) the proper identity is returned - all good
  3. Another page (Security Provider/SecurityRestrict) the identity isnt returned and unauthorised comes back

regards,

When does it loose the identity, is this after some time or directly after you visited the other page?

straight after i visited the other page.

I also tried reordering the pages so

1. Login -> Dashboard -> 2nd page - and identity returned at dashboard but not 2nd page
  2. Login -> 2nd Page ->Dashboard - and identity returned at 2nd page but not dashboard

So it looks like you are getting logged out after visiting the first page. Do you use the remember me cookie?

I think so, but when i put the form together the video i followed said i needed to set the static value to 1 for that to be the default …which i did but i was expecting the default keep me logged in checkbox to be checked and it isnt …so i have to check it each time . see settings screenshot.

I have just tried the flow checking and not checking the remember me box and still get the same result!

The static value is the value that is being posted to the server, not for the checkbox being checked. Seems that the checked property is missing (we will add this in an update). You can go to the DOM panel and set the checked property there if you want to have it checked by default.

I will investigate the login problem. We have a summer vacation now, so an update of Wappler will not be coming in the following weeks, but if I have some update then I will post the files here in the forum for you.

Thanks Patrick - have a good vacation.

Hi Patrick, just figured it out it was my mistake - all working now. Sorry for wasting your time.
regards,

Great, could you share what the problem was.

It was a stupid error . i was working on the layout and set up the navbar options, including Logout. I had forgotten that i had also started to run the flow to be able to logout and got as far as including a server connect to a logout server action !!! … so every new page i went to it auto loaded and logged me off…not quite sure why the first page worked ok i suspect it was the sequence of events …anyway silly error …trying to do too much in parallel.

regards,