Popover not working

Wappler Version : 5.0.2
Operating System : Windows 11
Server Model: Linux
Database Type: Mysql
Hosting Type: Shared.

Popovers aren’t working. In the development panel I can see the element get briefly added but it disappears straight away. I’ve tried it on a few different types of elements and they all do the same thing.

<button id="btn_more" class="btn" dmx-bs-popover="'test'" dmx-bind:popover-title="'test'" data-bs-html="true" data-bs-placement="bottom">...</button>

Are you trying to use click for the trigger only reason I’m asking is because your code above contains no trigger I could replicate this with click. Hover and focus add the trigger correctly I believe for a simple click with Bootstrap 5 try adding:

data-bs-trigger="popover"

Thanks! That was the issue. It seems that Wappler isn’t putting in the right code for popovers then.

If I add the data-bs-trigger=“popover” the popover works but the inputs change to look like this…

If I change to hover it works (as does focus) and I get

<h1 class="text-center" data-bs-trigger="hover" dmx-bs-popover="'test'" dmx-bind:popover-title="'test'">Heather's Awesome Strategy Backtester</h1>

But changing it back to Click changes is back to

<h1 class="text-center" dmx-bs-popover="'test'" dmx-bind:popover-title="'test'">Heather's Awesome Strategy Backtester</h1> 

and it no longer works.

It does seem to be a click issue i’m not sure if data-bs-trigger="popover" works just because it has a value not sure how Wappler handles popovers same with bootstrap not used them much but adding a trigger makes them pop up. The bootstrap code doesn’t require the trigger only a toggle type for the default but with the Bootstrap code the popover values don’t show in the UI.

<button type="button" class="btn btn-lg btn-danger" data-bs-toggle="popover" title="Popover title" data-bs-content="And here's some amazing content. It's very engaging. Right?">Click to toggle popover</button>

@Teodor, I can confirm this issue is real (though I’m not on v5 yet, they are).

When I select “hover” as the trigger, it works.
But, when “Click” is selected it does not work.

Adding this line in manually works great, as you mentioned.

data-bs-trigger="popover"

Or you may just want to leave it on hover for now, as “hover” doesn’t require a mouse user to click it, and “hover” still allows a mobile user to click it.

Fixed in Wappler 6 beta 10