PopDish™ Mobile App for iOS and Android

Hi Ken,
would you mind making some screenshots? I can‘t download the app as it says it is not available in my region (germany).

I realized this after posting! Yes, only the US app store has it.

And yes, I’ll put together some quick shots…standby…

https://popdish.io/ has a video as a start.

7 Likes

This looks awesome! Great work!

1 Like

Looks great, well done, almost had a heart attack when watching the video as my speakers are set to output through my monitor, and I control the volume with whatever media player I am using, or with volume controls on the online media players.
I am not sure how many people would be in a similar situation, but I do not think it would harm to add controls to the video that only show on hover anyway.

The person on the video doing the voice sounds like you had a professional do it, so thats always good.

1 Like

Very professional looking! Job well done, Ken. They should be showcasing this one on the Wappler website as well.

3 Likes

Some screenshots:

11 Likes

great @mebeingken

1 Like

Thanks Paul, I’ll let him know!

1 Like

No problem, the rest of it is great though, very professional looking.

I have always wondered why Macs can not get the keyboard or the volume slides to work when hooked into a monitor that has audio output, it’s a total pain in the jack, but I am sure quite a few Mac users must have a similar situation.

I use MonitrolControl, works perfectly with my Samsung monitor. It’s becuase Mac’s don’t support CEC natively.

Congrats @mebeingken, can I ask how easy it was to integrated geolocation?

2 Likes

Thanks. Geolocation wasn’t too tough…just get the location from the device browser. I then do a reverse geo to get the textual location (city, state, etc.)

The fun part was doing a search within a radius of the users location, along with all the other parameters inside a db with millions of records. Tested my sql skills (or lack thereof ) for sure.

2 Likes

One other question which I’ve been pondering on, did you publish as native Swift or did you go down the UIWebView route?

It uses WKWebView.

1 Like

Looks amazing Ken! Very well done!
Wanted to install it also - but it is US only unfortunately.

Could you explain a bit more how you did the front-end and the back-end? Framework7 and Server Connect?

2 Likes

Really nice work Ken!

1 Like

Hey George, thanks. I’ll look into opening it up.

Front end is Framework7 – a combination of using the Wappler UI and coding other fw7 elements. Added some js libraries from various tidbits.

Back-end is good 'ol Server Connect php connected to mariadb. The backend is setup with an api versioning that allows me to tie server connect to a version of the published app. So when the app launches, it does a pre-load call to server connect and retrieves the proper host settings for all future server connect calls.

4 Likes

Very well done Ken. You never disappoint!

1 Like

Stunning work, Ken. Definitely interested to see some more info on how you built this. :+1:

1 Like

Very impressive and inspiring. Thanks

1 Like

Great work - looks incredibly well polished on the UI/UX/. Be great to have more details on the build if you can find the time, very interested. Cheers.

1 Like