PHP version

Hello to all,
In the new version of wappler, what is the minimum PHP version allowed?

PHP 5.6 is the minimum version required for Server Connect.

PHP support for PHP 5.6 ended in 2019. This means that there are no security updates for older PHP versions and it’s advisable to use at least version 7.3.
With Server Connect we will probably support 5.6 for a little while for the users that are still running on it, but it’s advisable to upgrade to 7 or 8.

https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php

Is Server Connect fully v8 compatible?

There should be no issues with v8. The few minor problems reported here a while back have been fixed already.

1 Like

Yes, I am one of these that still use 5.6. I made an update and now is not showing the data. I have to check

There are several server connect issues with cmv5.6,if I recall correctly, 7.4 us the oldest which supports everything although we did see an error report recently as the user was not on V8. Wappler seems totally V8 compliant and I woukd l suggest everyone goes to v8 if they can. I use 8.1 as default

Most code was written in the time PHP 5.6 was the standard, so most is still compatible with that version. We will always support the versions that are still being supported on php.net. Currently that is 7.4, 8.0 and 8.1. We support older versions of PHP, but with new code being written we will use PHP 7 as a minimum, but doesn’t mean it will not work on older versions. I would suggest that when you update your code you also make sure to update PHP to a recent version.

1 Like

Thanks, Yes I have problems with server connect in few of my app but I will try to manage it. I will update soon.
Thanks