Operating System : Mac Silicon
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: Docker Local and Remote

Expected behavior

The created PDF should display my repeated content vertically as per below:

Actual behavior

It displays the repeat horizontally.

I’ve tried changing column width’s, using flex containers at 100% etc. etc. but no luck.

UPDATE:
I have just tested the same content inside a single cell table body with repeat and it displays the content correct. This looks like it’s not a bug, but just a case of repeats that aren’t tables not being supported.

1 Like

@mgaussie, I have not had the opportunity to use the new PDF creator as of yet, but I am curious, what are your settings here?

A4 and Portrait.

It’s a great add by the Wappler team - perhaps it only supports tables currently and that this isn’t a bug - we’ll see.

@Teodor @patrick - I see this has now been unassigned - is this resolved, and/or will this only support tables as assumed above?

This is not a bug, columns are just displayed next to each other in pdf and are not responsive as on web pages.

If you just want block text under each other don’t use columns but just regular paragraphs and headings.

1 Like

This data needs to work in a repeat thus it needs a container to set the repeat on. Typically I use columns, or flex but flex had the same issue.

Other than being forced to use a table, how would you suggest I get the desired vertically repeating data?

Instead of repeating the column repeat the row

2 Likes

Hi Patrick, I am repeating the row. That’s typically how I always execute a repeat.

So:

Version one:
Row (set to repeat)
Column
Text/Headers

Outcome: This repeats horizontally.

Version two:
Row (set to repeat)
Header
Paragraph

Outcome: Repeats horizontally

Version 3:
Row
Column
Table (Table Body set to repeat)

Outcome: This one displays the content vertically. Correct.

Can we confirm that vertical repeats are only supported in Tables currently?

You must repeat the row itself so that you get multiple rows. Do not use the Convert To Repeat Children, this will repeat the columns, not the rows. Instead add a Dynamic Attributes repeat.