Paying with IBAN makes life easy for you!

We have just realised we can pay using IBAN and skip paying commissions to those nasty credit card companies that hold us all by the short and curly’s…

Payment was instant and in the current environment where postal services aren’t operating, when your credit card has expired and the new card is held in the system (C19 nonsense) then discovering we can use our company IBAN to top-up our subscription is a blessing!

Another thoughtful insight by the team at Wappler!

Thank you Wappler!!

:smiley:

2 Likes

I was looking into paying by IBAN yesterday, but it does’t seem to be available to people in the US and I didn’t see another option to pay by US check.

Often when I try to pay for Wappler via my debit card (from a US based bank), the transaction declines even though there are more than sufficient funds in the account.

The Wappler purchase went through a couple of times after repeated attempts, but normally it just declines no matter how many times I try.

The only issue I have found with my Wappler or for that matter DMXZone subscription is a time delay of about 6 hours, where the payment is going through and my subscription expires, and about 4 - 6 hours later it’s back and working fine again. It’s happened about 10 times in the last 5 years or so, therefore not a huge issue, but weird.

That being said, the 2 banks here in Africa I use for some reason all decline payments to Google for my Google For Business accounts and mark them as possible fraud, and every single month i get a frantic phone call from my bank saying, we have locked down all you accounts to try save you from this Google fraud like they have done me a huge favour, and each month I have to ask them to reverse all their blockages and allow the payment through.

So in Africa, I am kind of used to odd banking issues.

Did not experience any delay from Portugal went through immediately. Was my concern would have to wait a few days but was not the case. Usually our banking here is probably as hit and miss as yours in Africa. We have seen payments outbound to Clients being delayed by up to a week, and inbound delayed by over ten days in some circumstances. Never seems to be any real reason for the delays when we speak with the banks I am sure they just make it up every time we call to ask what the problem is… But if they want payment damn they are on it… And if the money is not there the repercussions are all but immediate… Thankfully paying for Wappler had no issues and no delays so we are very happy with that hence my praise.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

The Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) with IBAN - is an initiative of the European Union to simplify payments within and across member countries. They established and enforced banking standards to allow for the direct debiting of every EUR-denominated bank account within the SEPA region.

So it is EU only.

1 Like

We need to get some of your EU guys out to Africa to teach this government a few tricks. Give it a few more years I will have to pay George in Sheep and Cows at the rate we are going.

3 Likes

IBAN is great in Europe.
Otherwise, unless you’re dealing with customers inside your country, you might want to double check what are the fees for your business (and your customer) in an international scenario.
Beware middleman fees too in those instances as some banks use them to wire funds between your customer account and yours.