Paragraph text appearing backwards

Yes, i had it ;last week but it’s totally random

You can replicate this in a paragraph using the DOM if you have existing text highlight it all and then hit backspace to remove all start typing then it types backwards

Edit: Actually it did it a few times then has stopped but then started again its not constant and doesn’t do it every time almost looks like the cursor gets stuck at the start in DOM.

This shows what I mean about the cursor it seems to get stuck at the very start when the text glitch happens it takes a few times then it happened it can happen doing it just once but I kept deleting it so that it would happen to try help this bug report.

Also when the cursor seems stuck the backspace actually doesn’t do anything no text is then removed.

Maybe @patrick should have another look. We had difficulties replicating the problem before.

Just discovered something that also may help

So as I was saying about the cursor seeming stuck I did the glitch again to make the text go backwards and then I noticed if you are typing it obviously goes backwards also goes backwards if you wait a little between letters, but as soon as I moved my mouse the text starts going forwards again this may not happen all the time but has just done it a few times in a row hope this help :smile:

Not sure if this helps @George but i recently experienced this same phenomena but inside a Summernote Lite region. after pressing two letters the cursor moved to the start of the line and started adding backwards
I was able to track this down to the “tooltips” component. While the page did not use the tooltips component directly I am guessing that the summernote component does as the dev console showed an error linked to the Bootstrap 5 Tooltip (obviously Lite is not yet 100% BS free?)
Adding the BS5 tooltip component manually resolved the issue.

Now i appreciate this is Summernote I am talking about, not Wappler itself but is it possible that the concept of one component “interacting” with the editor under certain circumstances leading to the error?