Paging Generator - include file not included

Hi Ben,
It works perfectly with a paged query (it’s not mandatory to use data view).

Hi Teodor,
It’s my love for data view that I make mention of it.

2 Likes

I formatted the computer and received the same error

this time in linux

Have a look at what I wrote above, namely

In other words

I had I similar issue and tried a few times on a mac.
Check the head section and manually add in whatever is missing just to test if the page then works. Also make sure to change your data source like Ben said above please. Here is what was missing on mine that I had to add.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="dmxAppConnect/dmxBootstrap4TableGenerator/dmxBootstrap4TableGenerator.css">
  <script type="text/javascript" src="dmxAppConnect/dmxStateManagement/dmxStateManagement.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="dmxAppConnect/dmxBootstrap4PagingGenerator/dmxBootstrap4PagingGenerator.js"></script>

Guys, just to clarify here :slight_smile:
There are two different approaches to this:

1. Using paged query
  2. Using normal query with data view

There is no wrong or right approach, it must be working both ways. Adriano should not use data view if he’s already using a paged query.

We are looking into this issue, but we are currently unable to reproduce it on our machines.

1 Like

@Teodor, in this video

Adriano used a Data View without specifying Data View in the Paging Generator. For paging to work, Data View needs to be specified and all is well.

2 Likes

Sorry, I missed that video :slight_smile:

Senior moments creeping up for you as well??? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I paused the video when he scrolled to the head section and read everything and also noticed the data view area which is why i said follow what you said, personally I hardly ever use dataview, maybe i should take a look at it more intently.
Can i ask though, when you have 60k records is a paged server side query better than dataview, or does dataview still used the paged server side query, sorry I could be a little confused here, as i thought dataview was client side for less than 3000 records.

For 60k records better use serverside paging.
Data view loads the whole dataset, so 60k will take longer to load on each refresh.

1 Like

Thanks so much for clarifying for me Teodor, i honest feel like sometimes I have dreamt up some of my answers and maybe nobody really said that, glad this one was real.
I was angry with my daughter for 2 days after she did something terrible in my dream the other night, haha.

1 Like

@AdrianoLuiz So the whole issue is that the include dmxBootstrap4PagingGenerator.js is not added? That is all?

@George exactly, it does not automatically generate.

Adriano, I m really sorry that you are having the problem. I have found the following difference between your code and mine.

This is the code in your video:

This is a screen shot of my code:

I have no idea if that is causing the issue, it may be worth a try. I sincerely hope it works.

1 Like

Thanks @ben but it did not work :frowning:

Reinstalled my dreamweaver

Result on dreamweaver

solved in the last update 1.6.0