Page scroll/focus changes, as you type in code view

======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : 2.3.4
Operating System : Windows 10

Expected behavior

In code view, the page should not move or scroll when you’re in the middle of typing.

Actual behavior

Suddenly, and unpredictably, the page refreshes and scrolls up - so you can no longer see where you were typing (this is on a long page). This happens as you type. A keystroke, including a backspace, can trigger it. This happens after typing a few keystrokes. It means it’s more or less impossible to edit in code view.

How to reproduce

Type in code view.

(I’ve sent a debug log file.)

I can confirm this. Happens quite often where while typing in code view itt will lose focus and jump to top of code.

Did not do this in 2.3.3 that I am aware of. Seems to have started after today’s update.

I’m on a Mac.

I think this happens because design view tried to be smart and auto selects the new written HTML code.

@patrick will optimize this so it doesn’t happen when code view has focus

3 Likes

Please please, could we have this fixed just as quick as 2.3.4 ??
I use the code editor a great deal, and this is driving me nuts. I cannot wait until Thursday for this to be fixed

That is why the new Monaco code view is an experimental feature.

Just switch experimental features off in the settings, restart Wappler and reopen your page and you should get the old editor

1 Like

If i can add to this…while in code view i click where i would like to add a component and it automatically inserts it below the top body tag. Does it everytime.

You have to copy and paste where u want it and delete the top placed one because it wont allow me to highlite and drag id down the page. The page will not scroll down with the drag.

This has been fixed in Wappler 2.3.5

4 Likes

Thank you for fixing this. Code view is so much nicer to use now. I am not seeing any monaco code editor issues at all any more.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.