Page Flow / App Connect / Framework7: Wappler frequently crashes in the flow editor

Quit simple: add a Page Flow (in a Framework7 project), open the flow editor and start editing, I added Framework7 Prompts or Alerts.

Took me five attempts to get this simple flow created, the latest crash was when I tried to change the prompt to age:
CleanShot 2023-02-12 at 11.32.22

Wappler just crashes randomly without warning in the middle of the editing. Now 6 of 8 times.
Someties Wappler manages (hopefully) to send a error report.

EDIT: after the last crash, the change of the prompt was applied (change from prompt to age)

EDIT2: …but then crashed on save / closing the dialog …

Intel Mac Book Pro, Wappler 5.4.1, Mac OS latest…

(Can’t count how often I have seen this window in the past 8 weeks or so)
CleanShot 2023-02-12 at 10.59.31

Can you please restart Wappler in debug mode and attach the debug log as explained here:

Sure, will do.
Just deleted the flow and created a new one, assuming that something under the hood wasn’t working as expected. So lets see if we can get this reproduced.

Could you make sure you MacOS is with the latest updates?

Also I’ve enabled now more tracing info in our backend, so your crashes will be now more detailed, so try to reproduce them now as much as possible :slight_smile:

Running Ventura 13.0.1 (22A400) on a production machine. I tend to wait a bit for updates :slight_smile:

Just crashed a minute ago. Let me grab the logs.

No logs and now the dialog doesn’t crash LOL

well try harder :slight_smile:

but usually those crashes are caused by racing conditions, when the computer is too fast and dialogs got faster closed then the cleanup is done… enabling the debugging slows the process a bit down, so then less crashes might occur.

What kind of Mac hardware do you have?

anyway try also without the debug logging on, just regular Wappler execution. We should still be getting a lot of debug info

Taking a short break now :see_no_evil::joy:

I think I could love Wappler, it could replace my Grails/Boostrap stack for some/many run’n’gun projects, seems to work fine with BS as the frontend (and I love the ease of the NodeJS stack). But for F7 it’s to frustrating :slight_smile: (perhaps beacuse I am used to code Ionic from scratch and still hoping for a visual designer for some of my needs)

MacBook Pro 16" / 2019 model / 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 / 32 GB Ram.
So nothing spectacular, solid mid-range machine.