Page creation missing APP header?

Is anyone else experiencing creating a new page in node on mac and it not inserting the correct App headers?

Becoming frustrating having to go back and add them in manually.

Works a for a bit then stops working …and yes I am creating the pages the same way I create all the other content pages when it does work.

OK… it happens when you choose to reload a new page before saving it, it strips out the App headers.

Someone else can deal with that one, not in the mod to be told how to save a page before reloading it.

What exactly are you doing on your page / how do you reload it?

I just tested clicking the refresh button in design view and in app structure and it doesn’t remove anything from the content page.

Here is a video, do with it what you will.

Why hit reload you ask… well when you have a few tabs open (pages) hitting reload brings it into focus and saves trying to find the right tab.

When you “reload” a page while the changes are not saved, then the changes are lost.
You should not reload the pages if you want to keep your changes, so just save your pages after making changes.

Yes well that’s obvious, and is not what the video shows. Where in this video did I make any changes?

When you create the pages and don’t make any changes and then refresh the page it strips the APP information. Are you saying when you create a page it doesn’t save the base information it inserts into the header. So two steps are required when creating a page?

1. Create the page.
  2. Save the page.

Should it not save the new page and all the App information in the page on creation?

When a page is created it is not saved… You see the blue circle in the tab, showing if a page is saved or no. Same as any other text/code editor - the changes are not saved until you save them.

Hey Steven,

Would it work for you to click No when it asks if you’d like to reload the page? It still brings that page into focus when doing so, which I believe was your goal.

1 Like

Ah ha… yes that does it.

Cheers!

1 Like