Package.json node version & Config.js port value

How come that the default node version gets set to 14.15.0 when the node version wappler installs is 19.7.0? That way when i deploy the server fails. It works fine when i manually change the value, however the value seems to revert back to 14.15.0 after changing certain settings. I suppose it does make sense that it reverts back when changing the server side settings in the project settings.

Im also stuck on being able to change the port for the local server. It works just fine when i change it in the config.js file, however immidiatly after changing it a server connect update appears which reverts the port back to the default value of 3000, is there any way to get around this or do i need to just not run that update and then manually change the port every time there is updates to server connect?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Supposedly, you’d change the port in Wappler UI on your project settings

Don’t know about the NodeJS version stuff, but can you show a screenshot of your project settings so others can help you? :slight_smile: And also if you’re using Windows, MacOS or Linux

Hi Apple. Im using linux (Fedora workstation). I managed to figure out the port thing myself. Turns out it can be changed if you go to Workflow and hit the settings icon. Change the port there and it works perfectly. Its just hidden very well and cant seem to be changed under project settings. Only thing i can change under project settings is the webadress the “view in browser” functionality takes me too. That doesnt help with changing the port.

As for the node.js version i cant find anything relating to it in the project settings. Its not a major issue as i can just change it to match the actual version in the package.json file. Its just strange that wappler insist that the verison is 14.15.0 when its obviously 19.7.0 as thats what it says when i do the node -v command in the terminal and thats what i need to change it to for the deploy to work properly.

Wappler also reverts the version in the package.json file to 14.15.0 every once in a while where i then need to go back and change it again to 19.7.0? Curious if there is an explenation and/or soluton here :slight_smile: There is nothing of interest in the project settings i just choose node.js and then it puts a different version than the one running in the package.json file.

Hi,

I think the old version in package.json doesn’t affect your workflow, right?

I’m thinking maybe Wappler has hard-coded this version for writing package.json, can’t say for sure, someone from the team would have to comment on this

No not really i just need to make sure the version specified in the package.json file matches the node version thats running. So i just update it and everything is fine. I just find it strange that wappler installs version 19.7.0 and then specifies a different version in the package file.

It makes it so my build fails unless i manually make sure its changed. I just do that so its fine :slight_smile: Just a quirk i suppose

Wappler probably asked your OS to install NodeJS (without specifying a version), so it installed the latest version :slight_smile:

I believe a similar things happens on MacOS, e.g.:

brew install nodejs

They’re not specifying a version there, but when Wappler writes the package.json for the first time it uses what’s hard-coded