OrangeHost, sub $2 per month Node hosting for Wappler - full setup tutorial

OrangeHost is a US web host offering node compatible hosting at a starting price of just $1 per month, $1.95 thereafter. In reality some small charges are added but if you pay for a full year ($23.40) you get a free .com domain.
They are an established company of 10 years with 24/7 support.
In this video I take you right through from signup to Wappler setup.

Sorry, the editing is a bit disjointed in places but account & domain registration and initial setup is not something you get a chance of “Take 2” with.

I will cover email setup next.

(disclaimer, i have no connection with this company other than being a customer and did not do this video as an endorsement, simply as an illustration) HOWEVER they do run an affiliatre program so if you want to sign up please use this link https://my.orangehost.com/aff.php?aff=1786

9 Likes

Thank you Brian!! :beer: :beers:

1 Like

I also use orange host and am very happy with it

1 Like

PLEASE NOTE

By default, Orangehost places a index.html file in the public_html folder (PHP web root) which will need to be deleted / renamed or it will act as the default home page.

Note that OrangeHost doesn’t support MySQL 8. That was a show stopper for me.

1 Like

@Heather_Mann Spoke with tech support for you, conversation below but basically ask them and they will put you on a MySQL 8 server

Brian EnglishClient
Hi
General question
I note you currently offer MySQL 5.7.44 on your servers which is getting quite dated.
Any plans to upgrade/offer MySQL 8?
Brian
Hello Brian,
We have a server that supports MYSQL version 8.
Please note that switching to another server will result in loss of your all hosting data including sites and mails.
Please reply to this mail for confirmation.
Best Regards,
Muhammad Yasir
Support Executive at OrangeHost
29/04/2024 10:14
Brian EnglishClient
Can you outline the process please?
29/04/2024 10:17
Support TeamStaff
Hello Brian,
You can let us know about hosting account, and we'll update the server for you.
Best Regards,
Muhammad Yasir
Support Executive at OrangeHost
29/04/2024 10:49
1 Like

Brian, as far as I can see from your related posts and videos, OrangeHost is an IDEAL company and has an excelent service!!!
Thank you Brian for exploring this for us!!

Got to admit, had reservations initially but their support has been 5 star. Mentioned about the Wappler community for whom i make the enquiries and they seem very keen to support us.

3 Likes

REAL PROFESSIONALS!!
They deserve a BRAVO!
(I wish they keep it this way…)

1 Like

They’ve added that in the last month then. FWIW, 5.7 was EOL last October. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes, guess they are adding 8 to new servers rather than upgrading old.