Option to upload current file only

It is inevitable that, from time to time, bugs or incompatibilites will be introduced when new versions are released. This can cause problems which can be very difficult and time-consuming to fix, because the issues may not seem to be related to anything you have done.

I mentioned such a case earlier today - where an import process which had been working successfully for a number of months suddenly stopped working, following some minor tweak I made to the interface. This feature is critical to the application and involves many parts. I initially assumed the problem was the import file and investigated a possible issue with the application responsible for creating these files. After two or three hours I tracked it down to a minor tweak made in an updated Wappler module file.

Would it be possible to have an option to upload only the file you select to upload? If a group of other files are uploaded automatically, this could potentially cause all sorts of problems. This has only happened in my case two or three times. The last time it happened, I stopped using Wappler with FTP for a few months, and used FileZilla instead. However this is obviously not nearly as convenient and I went back to using Wappler’s FTP options. I think I’ve only had one problem since then (the addition of the While loop option).

The issue is likely to become more of a problem in the future. I sometimes make tweaks to sites which are essentially unchanged from when they were originally developed - which might be quite a few years ago. A change to a group of files in addition to the one I actually want to change could cause all sorts of problems.

Additionally, it would be very helpful if a list of files which have been modified in a new release could be made available. This could save much time in tracking down issues.

Finally, I’m not quite sure what happens after a new release, in relation to existing files being updated. Eg I think relevant files are updated when a particular App Connect component is used or changed. If I make a change to a Server Connect file, are only related files updated/uploaded or are all modified PHP files in that release updated?