One table : filter and search

Hi,
I got a problem and don’t find the information in the documentation (not to mention that 90% of the documentation is outdated and screens are far from what they look like today, really make the learning curve super hard to be honest).

I don’t find a way to solve this (i guess also because i don’t have all the wappler basics) : i have a table from DB and want to get on the same page this :

and this :

How do i achieve this? I have to do 2 API connect? One API connect with 2 queries? I don’t find a way to make the checkbox and text input work independantly.

Yes - one API connect with 2 queries. You can have as many indendent queries using a single API as you want. Eg you could have search results based on a keyword search, advanced search with multiple fields, categories from a menu etc. I think the feature you’re missing is to make the condition conditonal - the option after the ?:

In this case, if ‘days’ is sent as a GET parameter, this part of the query will be included, otherwise it will be ignored. You can use such conditions with grouped parameters too. Complex queries can be created in this way.

I did this way, but does not work.
I really miss the basics I guess

, even after reading the documentation.

I think you need to split these queries into two, with separate conditions, eg:

2 Likes

Thanks. I did it this way and it works.
@George I really think that an updated documentation is KEY for new comers like me. It’s very hard to navigate the documentation / community posts and find basics / logics / concepts / good practices and even more touchy : up to date screens etc. The learning curve is steep but the most annoying is really that it’s hard to find the right information. Something really missing (or maybe it’s somewhere but didn’t find it) is a full “core reference” like in bubble explaining every and each button / option. No offence but this is really an issue for wider adoption of Wappler.