OK a general question about "Comment" I always wanted to ask?

Is the server connect “Comment” option there purely to allow us to comment the server connect code?

comment

I’ve used it on if then statements, when I didn’t actually want anything to happen on the first if.

If…
I want nothing to happen, so (COMMENT)
Else…
Do something here

Otherwise they won’t work that way.

But, I doubt that’s the intended usage lol :flushed::crazy_face:

1 Like

Yes :slight_smile: it was requested quite a lot in the past.

1 Like

I think the ‘comment’ step as important as any other (probably more important than many). If you use it a lot, perhaps you might want to vote for this suggestion.

2 Likes

You can just invert the condition :slight_smile: So nothing happens in else.

Is this possible within the Wappler UI? I add a ! directly in the code but am wondering if it’s actually possible to do within Wappler.

What do you mean? It’s always been possible to do: !condition

Yes, I add ! to the condition using the code view but wondered if it was possible in the UI itself.

Maybe adding a checkbox to the condition which turns it into a NOT condition?

You can click where the expression is and add ! in front of it.

That’s what I’m already doing. Just wanted to check if there was another way. :+1:

2 Likes

That is exactly what we use it for.

1 Like

Yes, I have used it a lot when doing long or complex actions. I usually remove them when I am done but they are very handy to keep track of my train of thought while working on it.

1 Like

Good to know and probably what I will start to use them for. After a while I am finding I go back to one and have no idea why I did what I did 6 months ago without working through it again and it just adds extra time.

1 Like