Offline data entry

This question has kind of been asked a few times with varying answers - I’m just trying to work out the best solution for my particular case…

I want to build a system for people to enter data offline. The users are located in areas where there is, for the most part, no reliable internet. The idea is users would enter data offline then, maybe once a week, go to a location where there is internet. Ideally there would be functionality to upload data once a connection is established but another idea is to provide the ability for users to simply export data to a CSV which can then be emailed when the users get to internet.

Can this be achieved with Wappler? It seems a PWA or desktop app has potential. Can I use SQLite for this, or is it possible to read/write from/to a JSON data source?

Thanks for any advice.

Have a look at

1 Like

Thanks for this - looks promising!

Just to clarify, this is currently not possible using Wappler alone?

I got everything up & running with Wappler/Firebase but then realized Firestore isn’t supported yet.

Is there another method for developing an offline web app/PWA in Wappler or are we waiting for additional functionality?

Thanks.

No, there is no module (yet) in Wappler that will assist with Firestore.

When I want a functionality that Wappler does not provide for, I usually start doing it the hard (read: old fashioned) way. The tutorial that I mentioned earlier, should be of great help.

Other than that, maybe a suggestion could speed things up.

Thanks Ben, yes looks like I’ll have to go old school for now, oh well!

Looks like there’s a few requests for offline functionality - I’ll do as you suggest and add another.

Thanks again.