NodeJS SPA not loading in Safari Browser - ReferenceError: can't find variable: dmx

Wappler v4.9.1, NodeJS, Docker - all extensions are up to date.

One of the NodeJS SPA web apps I have recently developed, the site doesn’t load correctly in Safari browser (tested on Desktop and iPad). The same web app runs without any issues/errors on Chrome and Edge.

When opening the home page, the content initially loads for a couple of seconds and then it stops displaying on the page. In the Safari Web Inspector console, it’s showing various dmx errors ReferenceError: Can't find variable: dmx (screenshot 1)

Sometimes the home page loads correctly when refreshed multiple times. If the home page loads correctly, then other pages also display correctly that have internal route enabled. But any page, that doesn’t have internal route enabled, doesn’t display any content - the list of dmx errors is slightly different when this happens (screenshot 2)

Any assistance to troubleshoot and resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.

You’re sharing an excerpt of the console, which doesn’t contain the primary error that caused all those “Can’t find variable: dmx” errors - you need to share the error(s) that appear before those

Likely cause there’s an error that’s causing Wappler’s script(s) to fail, causing the variable dmx to be undefined as it didn’t had a chance to be defined in first place

Hi @Apple, thanks for your response to this issue. The errors are starting from these dmx variables in the Web Inspector, there are no errors listed before these. Is there another place in the Web Inspector where I can find more information?

When I click on the Global Code - routing.js:1, then it show that this code is not working.

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 3.07.50 pm

I can click on each of the Global Code errors and look at the files, but not sure whether these provide any clue to the issue. This is happening in Safari only, Chrome and Edge browsers are running the website without any errors.

I think as this is an edge case it might be better to send a URL of your page to someone from the Wappler team (Patrick probably). I don’t have the knowledge to assist further in this

Good luck!

No problems, thanks :slight_smile: