NodeJS and global security provider

How are you handling the login?

Nothing fancy from a SC perspective, but at the same time a bit :slight_smile:

I am using a custom formatter for argon2 and I am using middleware to store sessions in PG database.

//const session = require('express-session')(Object.assign({ secret: config.secret }, config.session)); 
//MOD Include session store 
const session = require('express-session');
const package = require('../package.json');
const KnexSessionStore = require('connect-session-knex')(session);
const Knex = require('knex');
const knex = Knex({
  client: 'pg',
  connection: {
    host: process.env.DATABASE_HOST,
    port: process.env.DATABASE_PORT,
    user: process.env.DATABASE_USER,
    password: process.env.DATABASE_PASS,
    database: process.env.DATABASE_NAME,
  },
});
const store = new KnexSessionStore({
  knex,
  tablename: 'system_sessions'
});
//ENDMOD Include session store
//MOD Include session store 
app.use(
  session({
    secret: 'it is a secret ;)',
    store,
    name: package.name + '.sid',
    resave: true,
    saveUninitialized: false
  }),
);
//ENDMOD Include session store 

I mean - if you have global restrict, it will also restrict your login action before it gets a chance to login…

Oh I get you. Restrict is not global. Only the provider.

1 Like

I wonder if global restrict might be handy but then indeed we need somehow to add exceptions for login actions.

Afaik global SC actions run only if another SC is called. So if by any reason you have a page that doesn’t call any SC but still you want to restrict it you would have to call a dummy SC so that the global Restrict runs.

I just assign to layout pages a SC action and that will work “globally” on all content pages. For me it makes more sense there.

My “auth” layout that holds content for login, register, recover doesnt have a SC assigned. While my “dashboard” layout that holds content for all my protected site has a SC assigned that holds all my restricting logic.

What I miss is a way to assign several SC action files to the same layout/content page. When my layout is loaded I would like to run the authorization SC and then the meta tags SC. Right now I can’t do that. I have to mix in a single SC file the authorization and the meta tags which is not very practical.

1 Like

@JonL why one SC? I run multiple SCs on my pages. Some auto load, others are set to load on click.

Those are AJAX calls. I mean Route SCs which run before content is sent to the browser.

1 Like